New FALL League? MLF

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

New FALL League? MLF

Post by 4th&long »

Just when you thought it was safe to... oh you know the thing...!

https://fox40.com/sports/major-league-f ... acramento/

>> New professional football league launching this fall, includes team from Sacramento

by: Jeremiah Martinez

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 / 05:13 PM PDT

Updated: Aug 4, 2022 / 09:17 AM PDT

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) — Sacramento is one of 18 cities across the country that will have a team in Major League Football, a league that is scheduled to launch in October.

Currently, Sacramento’s new football team doesn’t have a name, but it already has a host site in Heart Health Park at Cal Expo, home of the Republic FC.

Adam Mclean is the person behind Major League Football and also serves as the league’s commissioner. In a phone interview with FOX40 Wednesday, Mclean said he wanted to bring football to cities that don’t have an NFL team. <<

and:
https://www.cbsnews.com/sacramento/news ... the-n-f-l/

I mean Come On Man .... Really?
MGB01
MVP

Re: New FALL League? MLF

Post by MGB01 »

Best summed up at :05-:06, :14-:15, and finally :21 (No MLF jokes, it'd only make it sadder)
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

A few things:

- There will be no TV deal, at least not with anyone major. If they do broadcast games it will be on a channel very few people have like Stadium, FuboTV Sports, AXS TV, Next Level Sports, Bein Sports Extra or FloSports.
- In order to attract players, this league needs to allow these players to go to the NFL if they get interest. This league doesn't look like it will do that and if that happens, they will attract zero players.
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

4th&long wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:58 pm Just when you thought it was safe to... oh you know the thing...!

https://fox40.com/sports/major-league-f ... acramento/

>> New professional football league launching this fall, includes team from Sacramento

by: Jeremiah Martinez

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 / 05:13 PM PDT

Updated: Aug 4, 2022 / 09:17 AM PDT

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) — Sacramento is one of 18 cities across the country that will have a team in Major League Football, a league that is scheduled to launch in October.

Currently, Sacramento’s new football team doesn’t have a name, but it already has a host site in Heart Health Park at Cal Expo, home of the Republic FC.

Adam Mclean is the person behind Major League Football and also serves as the league’s commissioner. In a phone interview with FOX40 Wednesday, Mclean said he wanted to bring football to cities that don’t have an NFL team. <<

and:
https://www.cbsnews.com/sacramento/news ... the-n-f-l/

I mean Come On Man .... Really?
This is going to fail because the start up is to soon and their expansion is too great beyond their means.

The second link made no mention of Sacramento playing in the CFL during the '90's before they relocated to San Antonio to become the Texans
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

How many more Major League Football startups are out there anyway? I mean this thing will hardly be "major". But if it ended up on Stadium channel, I think more people have it then you might think, all you need is your basic digital reciever and you're set. And yay.... Oakland gets a team, it will be a step back. It will play at Laney College, a 5000 seat junior college field. So....with only something like 1.6% of college players making the NFL's 32 teams....maybe another 1.5% to stock the CFL, USFL and XFL.....that still leaves a whopping 96.9% for MLF! Y'know....at this crazy rate....I'm wondering when there's gonna be a senior league for veterans between 35 and 50?
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Great idea SOunder - the GFL(Geriatric Football League); free prune juice with every season ticket!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

They plan on playing in October.....of this year? It's already August. How are they going to get players, coaches and a TV deal? Unless in the next two months, they get their money from the owners of LIV Golf (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) or Paris Saint Germain (Qatar), this league is not kicking off.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Maybe Murtha can sue this guy and get some money to pay his debts.

I mean seriously, how could they not actually research that there's already another Major League Football operating?

But looking at the Web site... it's bad. Really bad. Like, the map doesn't match the list of teams bad. Like, the "News," "Draft" and "Schedule" links all point to the same page, a list of three news articles talking about the Sacramento team, bad. Like, no social media presence bad.

How did the Sacramento media get duped by this?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

FR, I thought this was a sim league when I first saw it, was gonna steal some stuff for mine until I couldn't find anything (same as the UFL, or I guess UFL3.0, similar chances of kicking off. Hell maybe they should merge :lol: )