NFL franchise valuations

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP
Posts: 3156
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Re: NFL franchise valuations

Post by 4th&long »

laxtreme56 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:50 pm The Guardians had plenty of BOGO ticket deals and I'm sure more than a few tickets were given away to charities and schools, but that's not really much different than any other professional sports league, with perhaps the exception of the NFL. While the XFL didn't receive any TV revenue in 2020 they did keep all in stadium advertisement. If, for example, Progressive offered $1 million per team to advertise their logo on the 50 yard line with the expectation of 20k fans per game, I doubt they give a damn how many of those fans actually paid as long as they were in the stadium.

Of course I don't believe comping tickets by the boatload is a smart strategy either, but if you're relying on in stadium ad revenue, merchandise sales and concessions, then it's better to paper the crowd a bit and make some money off those $150 replica jerseys and $20 foam fingers everyone loves to buy.
While I agree that an advertiser would not care if people in stadium were free tix or not, that's not why Progressive had their logo on the field. They paid for the Field ad because it was televised and they were reaching a sizable TV audience. The XFL did that because THEY got paid for that "in-field ad" vs the TV Nets getting the money. I see XFL and USFL doing them in 2023, esp XFL.
User avatar
Tank55
MVP
Posts: 2046
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:57 pm

Re: NFL franchise valuations

Post by Tank55 »

4th&long wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:45 pm Yeah I knew it wasn't right, but had a call coming in and didn't have time to check spelling.
Dude, this is pathetic. At least own what you're doing.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP
Posts: 3156
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Re: NFL franchise valuations

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:53 am
4th&long wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:45 pm Yeah I knew it wasn't right, but had a call coming in and didn't have time to check spelling.
Dude, this is pathetic. At least own what you're doing.
LOL I did - I was too lazy and rushed to look it up. move on :arrow: :arrow:
GDAWG
Head Coach
Posts: 1532
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Re: NFL franchise valuations

Post by GDAWG »

it's highly unlikely the XFL will ever get to the point where they are worth a billion dollars.
MGB01
MVP
Posts: 2013
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Re: NFL franchise valuations

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:28 pm it's highly unlikely the XFL will ever get to the point where they are worth a billion dollars.
Which makes the ROCKBUYWWE1DUDERs all that funnier (and me more disappointed in our educational system). This is the perfect place for him and the other, for lack a better term, Baller types if he can string enough together, kind of like what Big Baller Brand would have been as a business instead of merely the world's most expensive walking billboard.

Since FOX is mainly out for types that have ventured more into the business world (A-Rod) with the USFL, there's an opening here on the entertainment side. Of course if it were to happen you'd need to be that much more stringent. You can't just pop up on ESPN and say 'I got X million give me a team', one wonders how Freedom Football was ever supposed to get off the ground--you got 50 players, some of which made some pretty good money in their career, great, that's hardly enough to even get you in the building.
GDAWG
Head Coach
Posts: 1532
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Re: NFL franchise valuations

Post by GDAWG »

MGB01 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:51 pm
GDAWG wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:28 pm it's highly unlikely the XFL will ever get to the point where they are worth a billion dollars.
Which makes the ROCKBUYWWE1DUDERs all that funnier (and me more disappointed in our educational system). This is the perfect place for him and the other, for lack a better term, Baller types if he can string enough together, kind of like what Big Baller Brand would have been as a business instead of merely the world's most expensive walking billboard.

Since FOX is mainly out for types that have ventured more into the business world (A-Rod) with the USFL, there's an opening here on the entertainment side. Of course if it were to happen you'd need to be that much more stringent. You can't just pop up on ESPN and say 'I got X million give me a team', one wonders how Freedom Football was ever supposed to get off the ground--you got 50 players, some of which made some pretty good money in their career, great, that's hardly enough to even get you in the building.
The Freedom Football League isn't ever going to happen. Their Linkedin page says that they only have 5 people working for them. Their Facebook Page was last updated on February 18th 2021. Their Twitter page was last updated 4 days later on February 22nd 2021. Plus in the last several Ricky Williams interviews, neither he nor the interviewers have brought up the league.

These are the five people working in their league:

https://www.linkedin.com/company/freedo ... ue/people/

If it had gotten off the ground, the FFL would have been quite divisive and brandished as "The WFL: Woke Football League" by those who wish failure on them.
User avatar
Tank55
MVP
Posts: 2046
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:57 pm

Re: NFL franchise valuations

Post by Tank55 »

4th&long wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:20 pmLOL I did - I was too lazy and rushed to look it up. move on :arrow: :arrow:
Feel free to fix it whenever some time opens up. We all know how busy you are.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP
Posts: 3156
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Re: NFL franchise valuations

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:59 pm
4th&long wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:20 pmLOL I did - I was too lazy and rushed to look it up. move on :arrow: :arrow:
Feel free to fix it whenever some time opens up. We all know how busy you are.
Yeah that's on my priority list :roll:
User avatar
Tank55
MVP
Posts: 2046
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:57 pm

Re: NFL franchise valuations

Post by Tank55 »

4th&long wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:14 pm Yeah that's on my priority list :roll:
Yeah, exactly. You spent more time writing that shit post than it would have taken to edit your original post. So it's not a matter of time. It's you trolling and being intentionally disrespectful. And hey, that's who you are. But at least own it instead of creating sad "I had a phone call" excuses.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MGB01
MVP
Posts: 2013
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Re: NFL franchise valuations

Post by MGB01 »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:07 am
4th&long wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:14 pm Yeah that's on my priority list :roll:
Yeah, exactly. You spent more time writing that shit post than it would have taken to edit your original post. So it's not a matter of time. It's you trolling and being intentionally disrespectful. And hey, that's who you are. But at least own it instead of creating sad "I had a phone call" excuses.
Nah he was cooking up his next USFL RUL XFL TEH SUX hit
Post Reply