Xfl is getting income from espn from day 1 according to the athletic and xfl newshub

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: Xfl is getting income from espn from day 1 according to the athletic and xfl newshub

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:42 pm Who cares about the ESPY's no one. They brought the Rock on for ratings. If they get low cost XFL that makes DISNEY more money, just like in 2020 when both FOX and ABC/ESPN were promoting XFL - With Out Paying them. Nothing to say its much different here and after 2 days of PR - nada clarity on the subject...
Still their property though, which they make into a big event even if to most of the world it isn't.
They haven't said anything publicly on funding and their TV deal. That invites speculation and skeptism - just like AAF and other now failed leagues.
So it's simultaneously an improvement on what Luck did and a failure-in-waiting. You're creative if nothing else.
Its like the Rock talking up the NFL Academy association as if its the NFL, its not.
Well of course it isn't, the fact that the logo is the NFL shield used from the 1983-2007 seasons kinda gives it away ;) .
As far as MF being a "jagoff" - know that for years and years - It still amazes me he shits on a property that NBC is televising - but like you say - he does and is what he is...you won't see that on ESPN or FOX though, no one is that much of a jagoff :D
Yet you continue to argue like him and your buddy Mac from ArenaFan, great company.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Xfl is getting income from espn from day 1 according to the athletic and xfl newshub

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:57 pm
4th&long wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:42 pm Who cares about the ESPY's no one. They brought the Rock on for ratings. If they get low cost XFL that makes DISNEY more money, just like in 2020 when both FOX and ABC/ESPN were promoting XFL - With Out Paying them. Nothing to say its much different here and after 2 days of PR - nada clarity on the subject...
Still their property though, which they make into a big event even if to most of the world it isn't.
They haven't said anything publicly on funding and their TV deal. That invites speculation and skeptism - just like AAF and other now failed leagues.
So it's simultaneously an improvement on what Luck did and a failure-in-waiting. You're creative if nothing else.
Its like the Rock talking up the NFL Academy association as if its the NFL, its not.
Well of course it isn't, the fact that the logo is the NFL shield used from the 1983-2007 seasons kinda gives it away ;) .
As far as MF being a "jagoff" - know that for years and years - It still amazes me he shits on a property that NBC is televising - but like you say - he does and is what he is...you won't see that on ESPN or FOX though, no one is that much of a jagoff :D
Yet you continue to argue like him and your buddy Mac from ArenaFan, great company.
Its better than Luck's because Luck GOT ZIP - I'm not being creative. Talk is its an ad share after prodcost. Oh that's not substantiated either... yes but its much more likely.

You listen to Rock on talk show - he said he's our affiliation with NFL, the NFL Alumni Academy, way to go Rock! Not saying its not a good group, it just isn't the NFL.

Its informing, exchanging ideas, discussing and debating... That's what a MB is about
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:20 pm You listen to Rock on talk show - he said he's our affiliation with NFL, the NFL Alumni Academy, way to go Rock! Not saying its not a good group, it just isn't the NFL.
And there's my point about arguing styles; specifically mentioning both says that he's not equating the two. He's talked about the NFL specifically for something else ("petri dish" that has been mentioned elsewhere), yet you're the one that continues to equate the two, nobody else.
Its informing, exchanging ideas, discussing and debating... That's what a MB is about
Fine, then don't mimic those who do none of that.
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

I find it interesting how we're not supposed to believe an unnamed source from The Athletic, but somehow take Colin Cowherd word as gospel when he proclaims the USFL made a profit. What inside information does he have? Or was he just shilling for his employer, Fox? Smart money says the latter but I'm sure some will argue the former.