Head Coach

Re: MLFB missed the boat, and the boat ins sinking

Post by herns »

……
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

This keeps getting better and better. Nobody knew MLFB was even in business the last few years until somebody here brought it up a few months back, and 75% of their site was devoted to financial disclosures. So you would think Murtha would be a little more with it on what he does.

Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

More or less of a spectacular flop than the AAFL? AAFL never started practicing, did they?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
super390
Receiver

Post by super390 »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:41 pm More or less of a spectacular flop than the AAFL? AAFL never started practicing, did they?
I thought those guys made it to the camps before it suspended.
I was watching that one closely being relatively near Rice Stadium. And I thought they had the right idea emphasizing college fandom and putting all the teams in college hotspots that mostly were also reasonably sized markets like Houston and Detroit. However, I hated them all being named "Team (State Name Here)".
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

This league always felt to me like it was only a matter of time before they flopped. I never really invested much time in following it other than what was posted on here. I feel bad for the players, coaches, and everyone else who invested time and energy. More embarrassment for alt football. Another reason for XFL and or USFL to work is to take more of the platform away from these hacks trying to start up football leagues that don’t have the money/resources to be doing it.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Gopher123 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:45 am This league always felt to me like it was only a matter of time before they flopped. I never really invested much time in following it other than what was posted on here. I feel bad for the players, coaches, and everyone else who invested time and energy. More embarrassment for alt football. Another reason for XFL and or USFL to work is to take more of the platform away from these hacks trying to start up football leagues that don’t have the money/resources to be doing it.
Agreed - it was always a vehicle for a few to make money off a paper tiger league. ie scam.
It needs to go away.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Even by alt football league standards, MLFB is achieving some spectacular levels of disaster.

2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I see that MLFB has “temporarily” suspended their website. I wonder if they reversed their employees payroll checks due to NSF?
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

On their site now:
MLFB.COM is currently unavailable.
They didn't need the .com :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: