Xfl reaching out to all players who ended 2020 on an xfl roster

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Xfl reaching out to all players who ended 2020 on an xfl roster

Post by GregParks »

MarkNelson wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:53 pm I think Cardale coming back is a big maybe, but he does have connections and he (allegedly) worked out at a showcase.
That's definitely Jones there in the third photo. And I can confirm he did work out at the Texas showcase.

@gregmparks
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

Thanks Greg, that’s Jones all right. 😀
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

How bad is the XFL depth going to be if he's a starting QB again in 2023? If he returns, it will be as a backup.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:36 pm How bad is the XFL depth going to be if he's a starting QB again in 2023? If he returns, it will be as a backup.
Was he really that bad, though? I mean, by 2020 standards, he was middle-of-the-pack.

He's certainly a step above, for example, Quinton Flowers—who himself might end up showing back up on a roster. And I'd take him over a good chunk of the USFL's dais.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:00 am
GDAWG wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:36 pm How bad is the XFL depth going to be if he's a starting QB again in 2023? If he returns, it will be as a backup.
Was he really that bad, though? I mean, by 2020 standards, he was middle-of-the-pack.

He's certainly a step above, for example, Quinton Flowers—who himself might end up showing back up on a roster. And I'd take him over a good chunk of the USFL's dais.
He was okay, but if he was any good he would have gotten at least some NFL interest in 2020 and played somewhere in 2021. He hadn't played in over a year when the Edmonton Elks signed him. Maybe he didn't want to play indoor football, and that's probably why he didn't resurface in the IFL, NAL or FCF.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Cardale is horrible, his stats were inflated from the first few weeks when the defenses he was up against were leaving guys fairly open. If cardale is a starter I’m worried about quality of play because that’s at least 1 team that will be horrible offensively
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

His last 3 games he was 22/50 for 175 yards, 0 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions. A passer rating of 13.75. If that is starting material in the XFL, this league will be unwatchable.
St. Louis BattleHawks
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Why are we sitting here obsessing over a guy trying to tweet his way into a starting job? That's all it is.

John Fourcade made the Saints as the third QB in '87 and then crossed the line (knowing it was his only chance at starting) and got the Saints two wins, but when he started lobbying for the starting job once Hebert and the regulars came back Jim Mora laughed in his face.

You must have an awful low opinion of the league from those at the top to the football personnel (coaches, DPPs) to think that similar lobbying is going to get him a job. What there are going to be 60-70 QBs on the market in a few weeks, minus those that are contractually bound to the USFL, that will be passed up for him?Good grief.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:24 pm Why are we sitting here obsessing over a guy trying to tweet his way into a starting job? That's all it is.

John Fourcade made the Saints as the third QB in '87 and then crossed the line (knowing it was his only chance at starting) and got the Saints two wins, but when he started lobbying for the starting job once Hebert and the regulars came back Jim Mora laughed in his face.

You must have an awful low opinion of the league from those at the top to the football personnel (coaches, DPPs) to think that similar lobbying is going to get him a job. What there are going to be 60-70 QBs on the market in a few weeks, minus those that are contractually bound to the USFL, that will be passed up for him?Good grief.
https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/cardale ... 23-season/

>> XFL News
Cardale Jones And XFL Tease His Return For 2023 Season

Cardale Jones appears to all but is officially confirmed to be rejoining the XFL for the 2023 season. It was not even two weeks that the XFL held their final showcase in Arlington, Texas, at Choctaw Stadium, where we found out afterward from XFL social media photos that Cardale Jones was in attendance trying out.

Just today on Twitter, Cardale Jones is teasing a return to football in Spring ’23. Conveniently enough, the XFL’s official Twitter account replied to his post after posting this.<<

Maybe this?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Wow a nod to him at the showcase, that's everything then, much like Aaron Ripkowski at the 2019 Arlington Showcase.

And WTF is this?
Cardale Jones appears to all but is officially confirmed to be rejoining the XFL for the 2023 season.
What? C'mon Newshub do better.