Luck & McMahon Settle Lawsuit

XFL Football discussion.
nick1091
Running Back

Luck & McMahon Settle Lawsuit

Post by nick1091 »

Looks like we won't get that trial after all.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/D ... n-XFL.aspx

Not entirely surprising given so many lawsuits settle near the eve of trial. Also, given all the other news swirling around him, there probably wasn't a worse time for VM to have a trial than right now.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Luck & McMahon Settle Lawsuit

Post by MarkNelson »

1. Lawyers came out as winners.
2. We don’t have to hear about this unfortunate story any more.
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Luck had reason to settle too, which job is coming up in the near future? He already took himself out of the P12 job by having this floating around--not sure he wanted to be on the west coast, but he would have been a more unanimous pick than Kliavkoff (who, let's face it, has skated by simply not being Larry Scott. Be a different story when the work really starts).

Plus OL might have more time simply cause a lot of Bowlsby's potential successors are looking at a post-UT/OU Big XII and having second thoughts. The longer the search, the more chance of a new player emerging. And being at WVU when they joined he's likely not concerned about an "apocalypse" without Texas anyway (especially when much like the Cowboys all they are is name draw) or drawn to them anyway.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MarkNelson wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:22 pm 1. Lawyers came out as winners.
2. We don’t have to hear about this unfortunate story any more.
Amen
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

This crazy chapter is closed. I read on a wrestling blog McMahon settled because he didn’t want this trial to taint his other legal proceeding currently happening. Luck may have gotten almost as much as he asked for.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Joker wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:56 pm This crazy chapter is closed. I read on a wrestling blog McMahon settled because he didn’t want this trial to taint his other legal proceeding currently happening. Luck may have gotten almost as much as he asked for.
I'd say closer to the midpoint between 23.8 mil and 572,000 (or whatever he was countersuing for). If it's as close to the full 24M no way he's doing the classic McMahon powerwalk on Smackdown/power jump on RAW, even if it is one obstacle out of the way.

Although if you believe Freddie Prinze, he very well could have been all 'It's 20 mil, get on the plane'
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

MGB01 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:32 pm Luck had reason to settle too, which job is coming up in the near future? He already took himself out of the P12 job by having this floating around--not sure he wanted to be on the west coast, but he would have been a more unanimous pick than Kliavkoff (who, let's face it, has skated by simply not being Larry Scott. Be a different story when the work really starts).

Plus OL might have more time simply cause a lot of Bowlsby's potential successors are looking at a post-UT/OU Big XII and having second thoughts. The longer the search, the more chance of a new player emerging. And being at WVU when they joined he's likely not concerned about an "apocalypse" without Texas anyway (especially when much like the Cowboys all they are is name draw) or drawn to them anyway.
Scratch that, he lost out again

https://big12sports.com/news/2022/6/29/ ... ioner.aspx

So in the last year-plus, that's now execs at MGM and Roc Nation who have swooped up what five years ago would have been his job for the taking. Hell maybe the USFL should hire him since they're going to be getting into full-court press mode.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

You know I wonder what Ollie's thinking today, "Maybe I could have fixed this BUT I GOT A SETTLEMENT!!!!!!!". Yes congratulations you join other great settlers/winners as Colin Kaepernick and Michael Avenatti, have fun.

In the meantime, congrats to Kliavkoff on officially beginning his new job today (after skating by for a year not being Larry Scott), good luck.