Team Directors of Player Personnel revealed

XFL Football discussion.
Gopher123
Quarterback

Re: Team Directors of Player Personnel revealed

Post by Gopher123 »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:02 pm
Gopher123 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:52 pm Strong group of coordinators with most having a long resume, the exception being Becht’s as GDAWG has already pointed out. Maybe that group will bring some new ideas in and it will work for them. I like all the experience with the other teams though.

It’s rumored Woodson is going to Vegas so I would agree that’s where perhaps the issue lies, if there is one. A little hard to confirm coaches if you can’t tell them where they are going yet.
I think Ward will do fine because Elizondo has years of experience including recently as Head Coach in Edmonton. Ward can rely on Elizondo as a sounding board on game days in regards to clock management and game time decisions. I fear Becht is going to be like the Kirby Wilson of the XFL, not having any clue as to what is going on.
I agree on Ward. You might be right on Becht but let’s hope not. The XFL doesn’t need a Kirby Wilson type of dis function. Especially, if Becht goes to St. Louis. Hate to alienate any market but especially not St. Louis.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

GregParks wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:14 pm the latest “leak” from XFL Shop has all the cities that have been reported on t-shirts at the site.
I missed this. Is there a screenshot out there somewhere?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:16 pm
GregParks wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:14 pm the latest “leak” from XFL Shop has all the cities that have been reported on t-shirts at the site.
I missed this. Is there a screenshot out there somewhere?
@gregmparks
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Interesting, thanks. So Dallas is omitted, and we're inferring that the shirt on the left is Las Vegas and the right is Houston?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Gopher123 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:15 pm
GDAWG wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:02 pm
Gopher123 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:52 pm Strong group of coordinators with most having a long resume, the exception being Becht’s as GDAWG has already pointed out. Maybe that group will bring some new ideas in and it will work for them. I like all the experience with the other teams though.

It’s rumored Woodson is going to Vegas so I would agree that’s where perhaps the issue lies, if there is one. A little hard to confirm coaches if you can’t tell them where they are going yet.
I think Ward will do fine because Elizondo has years of experience including recently as Head Coach in Edmonton. Ward can rely on Elizondo as a sounding board on game days in regards to clock management and game time decisions. I fear Becht is going to be like the Kirby Wilson of the XFL, not having any clue as to what is going on.
I agree on Ward. You might be right on Becht but let’s hope not. The XFL doesn’t need a Kirby Wilson type of dis function. Especially, if Becht goes to St. Louis. Hate to alienate any market but especially not St. Louis.
Becht needed someone like Elizondo, a coach with years of experience, but also has been a head coach. He has played for Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Martz. I hope he brings one of them on board, either as a position coach or the ambiguous roles of Assistant Head Coach, Senior Offensive Assistant, Offensive Consultant or Offensive Analyst.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

If the XFL hasn’t announced the cities, it’s because they’re not ready to announce the cities. Something needs to be confirmed. Go back to 2000 when they announced San Jose, but didn’t have a deal for Spartan Stadium. They want to avoid that kind of thing.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:03 pm
GregParks wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:14 pm Watch them be announced the week of the USFL Championship game :lol: :lol:
Oh, good point. They probably will.
In Vegas, right alongside Money In The Bank and Adesanya/Cannonier cause...........of course. :mrgreen:
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

What? Jim Zorn too busy? Next you'll tell me Brandon Silvers won't be our quarterback!
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MarkNelson wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:51 pm If the XFL hasn’t announced the cities, it’s because they’re not ready to announce the cities. Something needs to be confirmed. Go back to 2000 when they announced San Jose, but didn’t have a deal for Spartan Stadium. They want to avoid that kind of thing.
They may also want to have some PR in place and ticket processing in place when they do. Or it could be like you say they don't have the contracts inked yet and are not going to sign a bad deal- who knows.

Bottomline XFL is much more top heavy than the USFL and they do need to watch cost. I do not see the ownership group or mgt group as being a cost focused one. In entertainment over spending is the norm (Rk, DG) and RBC investments in high value leagues is about high spend high return organizations that have already achieved high value - ie not value creation. Bringing in NFL execs who are used to big NFL budgets doesn't offset that. Of course these inexperienced coaches, despite the name recognition, may be cheap.

Between the USFL finals weeks and XFL start up, it should keep the board busy.
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

4th&long wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:04 am
MarkNelson wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:51 pm If the XFL hasn’t announced the cities, it’s because they’re not ready to announce the cities. Something needs to be confirmed. Go back to 2000 when they announced San Jose, but didn’t have a deal for Spartan Stadium. They want to avoid that kind of thing.
They may also want to have some PR in place and ticket processing in place when they do. Or it could be like you say they don't have the contracts inked yet and are not going to sign a bad deal- who knows.

Bottomline XFL is much more top heavy than the USFL and they do need to watch cost. I do not see the ownership group or mgt group as being a cost focused one. In entertainment over spending is the norm (Rk, DG) and RBC investments in high value leagues is about high spend high return organizations that have already achieved high value - ie not value creation. Bringing in NFL execs who are used to big NFL budgets doesn't offset that. Of course these inexperienced coaches, despite the name recognition, may be cheap.

Between the USFL finals weeks and XFL start up, it should keep the board busy.
Not all of Redbirds acquisitions are of top flight variety. They're also owners of a division 2 French soccer team as well as the new Staten Island independent league baseball team. So they seem to understand how to make smaller properties work as well