Team Directors of Player Personnel revealed

XFL Football discussion.
Tank55
MVP

Re: Team Directors of Player Personnel revealed

Post by Tank55 »

Very fair to wonder WTF is going on with cities.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Dangerous to read too much of anything, but I wonder if they've hit a snag in Vegas given that they haven't filled out the coaching staff.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:01 pm Dangerous to read too much of anything, but I wonder if they've hit a snag in Vegas given that they haven't filled out the coaching staff.
They'd be very wise to reconsider given how poor of a record Vegas has had with alt leagues.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

It does seem strange and makes for some awkward phrasing when announcing coaches, directors of personnel, and coordinators without being able to attach them to at least a city.

That said, summer was the general time period I believe The Rock last mentioned cities and teams being announced, and we’re still in that period. Mike Mitchell and Aaron Wilson have been consistent in reporting the cities; June Jones and Dave Boller have both put their destinations in their Twitter bios; and the latest “leak” from XFL Shop has all the cities that have been reported on t-shirts at the site.

Watch them be announced the week of the USFL Championship game :lol: :lol:
@gregmparks
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

Strong group of coordinators with most having a long resume, the exception being Becht’s as GDAWG has already pointed out. Maybe that group will bring some new ideas in and it will work for them. I like all the experience with the other teams though.

It’s rumored Woodson is going to Vegas so I would agree that’s where perhaps the issue lies, if there is one. A little hard to confirm coaches if you can’t tell them where they are going yet.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Gopher123 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:52 pm Strong group of coordinators with most having a long resume, the exception being Becht’s as GDAWG has already pointed out. Maybe that group will bring some new ideas in and it will work for them. I like all the experience with the other teams though.

It’s rumored Woodson is going to Vegas so I would agree that’s where perhaps the issue lies, if there is one. A little hard to confirm coaches if you can’t tell them where they are going yet.
I think Ward will do fine because Elizondo has years of experience including recently as Head Coach in Edmonton. Ward can rely on Elizondo as a sounding board on game days in regards to clock management and game time decisions. I fear Becht is going to be like the Kirby Wilson of the XFL, not having any clue as to what is going on.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

GregParks wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:14 pm Watch them be announced the week of the USFL Championship game :lol: :lol:
Oh, good point. They probably will.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:14 pm They'd be very wise to reconsider given how poor of a record Vegas has had with alt leagues.
Just a totally new ballgame being able to play right off The Strip and indoors, imo.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Interesting that Woodson has had no assistants named.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:14 pm
Tank55 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:01 pm Dangerous to read too much of anything, but I wonder if they've hit a snag in Vegas given that they haven't filled out the coaching staff.
They'd be very wise to reconsider given how poor of a record Vegas has had with alt leagues.
I didn't expect Las Vegas to return to alt football after they finally sit at the big kids table the last two seasons.