MLFB to have 70 man rosters, big announcements on the 6th

XFL Football discussion.
Sounder
Coach

Re: MLFB to have 70 man rosters, big announcements on the 6th

Post by Sounder »

The last I looked....the 70 man rosters may seem huge....but MLFB will only have 4 teams in Little Rock, Mobile, Virginia Beach and Mississippi i think. It will play in fall directly against NFL and NCAA....they've really got balls.....soon to be deflated though. Hey....they would have nothing to lose by THEM having a Hawaii team. Only pro leagues I know of....(WFL, WTT, NASL) have actually experimented. The 80s USFL talked about it....but only in their most desperate moments.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Sounder wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:26 pm The last I looked....the 70 man rosters may seem huge....but MLFB will only have 4 teams in Little Rock, Mobile, Virginia Beach and Mississippi i think. It will play in fall directly against NFL and NCAA....they've really got balls.....soon to be deflated though. Hey....they would have nothing to lose by THEM having a Hawaii team. Only pro leagues I know of....(WFL, WTT, NASL) have actually experimented. The 80s USFL talked about it....but only in their most desperate moments.
They're playing four game demo season in August on Tuesday nights and a championship game on Sept 6. Guess that would technically qualify as playing against the NFL (preseason) and NCAA (weeks zero and one) though it's not on the same nights.

Though we've waited for nearly eight years and this is it? It's not even a UFL-premiere season (that had a double round robin), but I did notice that one of the double matchups was Ohio and Alabama, getting us ready for the OSU/Bama home and home in 27-28 no doubt :D

And then of course it returns (assumedly somewhat larger) in April, when it begins its quest to become America’s home for Spring Professional Football :lol:
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

They have been signing players apparently. Three QB's signed so far: AJ Bush, Conner Kaegi and Kyle Saddler.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Images of helmets are on their site.

Arkansas Attack

Ohio Force

Alabama Airborne

Virginia Armada

2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

MGB01 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:57 pm
Sounder wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:26 pm The last I looked....the 70 man rosters may seem huge....but MLFB will only have 4 teams in Little Rock, Mobile, Virginia Beach and Mississippi i think. It will play in fall directly against NFL and NCAA....they've really got balls.....soon to be deflated though. Hey....they would have nothing to lose by THEM having a Hawaii team. Only pro leagues I know of....(WFL, WTT, NASL) have actually experimented. The 80s USFL talked about it....but only in their most desperate moments.
They're playing four game demo season in August on Tuesday nights and a championship game on Sept 6. Guess that would technically qualify as playing against the NFL (preseason) and NCAA (weeks zero and one) though it's not on the same nights.

Though we've waited for nearly eight years and this is it? It's not even a UFL-premiere season (that had a double round robin), but I did notice that one of the double matchups was Ohio and Alabama, getting us ready for the OSU/Bama home and home in 27-28 no doubt :D

And then of course it returns (assumedly somewhat larger) in April, when it begins its quest to become America’s home for Spring Professional Football :lol:
That's like the Stars Football League of a decade ago. Except they have actual coaches instead of Daunte Culpepper's cousin, lol
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

MLFB says that they have a broadcast deal in place that they have yet to announce. Some MLFB fans think it will be on a channel most of us have heard of like Turner (TBS/TNT) or Paramount/CBS (Pluto TV). Most likely it will be some secondary network like Stadium or FTF Sports (who has their own Twitch Channel).
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Stadium came out of ASN, which is whom the league originally signed with back in 2016, that's probably it.

Of course syndication isn't quite the undiscovered country it was 40 years ago, especially when we're talking about one which airs second (or third) tier GO5 games. Not exactly the ones the SEC and ACC had for theirs (which were what, Jefferson Pilot/Raycom?) before they went into the network biz.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

MGB01 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:46 pm Stadium came out of ASN, which is whom the league originally signed with back in 2016, that's probably it.

Of course syndication isn't quite the undiscovered country it was 40 years ago, especially when we're talking about one which airs second (or third) tier GO5 games. Not exactly the ones the SEC and ACC had for theirs (which were what, Jefferson Pilot/Raycom?) before they went into the network biz.
Yeah, it will likely be Stadium. MLFB fans will be in for a disappointment if it is Stadium though, hoping for TNT/TBS or CBS/Paramount.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Something interesting I saw in the Markcast is the MLFB apparently has been taking a lot of the guys from the xfl showcases, some have negotiated outs in case xfl calls for them but not all have as it’s something that needs to be negotiated because the standard deal is a 2 year
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Stadium does the A7FL....which looks like a game I played in my driveway as a kid.....they've done ultimate frisbee....so I can see them doing this.