MLFB to have 70 man rosters, big announcements on the 6th

XFL Football discussion.
herns
Head Coach

MLFB to have 70 man rosters, big announcements on the 6th

Post by herns »

https://www.mlfb.com/gallery#mlfb053122a

Glanville says he’s signed 30 players and has to get to 70. The MLFB website posted their weekly update where they said they plan on announcing dates venues and more on the 6th.

I didn’t know where else to post this but it seems MLFB football may actually happen
Joker
Quarterback

Re: MLFB to have 70 man rosters, big announcements on the 6th

Post by Joker »

How long as MLFB been trying to get off the ground?
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Joker wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:33 am How long as MLFB been trying to get off the ground?
I think like 10 years, this year is looking like it maybe the year it happens. We’ll see Monday what they have
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

They have signed their first player:

https://www.sportsgamblingpodcast.com/2 ... contracts/
Major League Football has promised big news early next week, with team and city announcements on tap for this week. However, that has not stopped the rising football league from making moves already. League sources have indicated that MLFB has signed their first quarterback with Connor Kaegi under contract for the 2022 season.

League sources have indicated that Kaegi will be playing for the Ohio Force during the 2022 MLFB season. Kaegi has produced at multiple levels of football. He began his career in the junior college ranks at Feather River Junior College. He went on to play at Ottawa University (Kansas), The Spring League, and National Arena League. Sources within MLFB have indicated more announcements regarding cities are on tap this week. Sources also said more news about players signing with MLFB will continue to roll out.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:37 pm They have signed their first player:

Major League Football has promised big news early next week, with team and city announcements on tap for this week. However, that has not stopped the rising football league from making moves already. League sources have indicated that MLFB has signed their first quarterback with Connor Kaegi under contract for the 2022 season.

League sources have indicated that Kaegi will be playing for the Ohio Force during the 2022 MLFB season. Kaegi has produced at multiple levels of football. He began his career in the junior college ranks at Feather River Junior College. He went on to play at Ottawa University (Kansas), The Spring League, and National Arena League. Sources within MLFB have indicated more announcements regarding cities are on tap this week. Sources also said more news about players signing with MLFB will continue to roll out.
I’ll say pay is better than expected but idk how I feel about them doing 2 year deals
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:55 pm

I’ll say pay is better than expected but idk how I feel about them doing 2 year deals
It would be to prevent situations in indoor football where players jump from league to league on a constant basis (even during the middle of the seasons of these leagues).
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:17 pm
herns wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:55 pm

It would be to prevent situations in indoor football where players jump from league to league on a constant basis (even during the middle of the seasons of these leagues).
I 100% get why they’re doing it I more meant for the players I don’t love it because it may stop them from going to a higher paying competitor like USFL or xfl
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

This basically looks like a bigger FXFL.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

First two cities announced: Canton, Ohio and Virginia Beach, Virginia

https://www.pressviewer.com/ViewEmail.a ... D8b4O9I9t5
LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL / ACCESSWIRE / June 6, 2022 / (OTC PINK:MLFB) Major League Football's determination to get #cleatsinthegrass in 2022 took a huge step forward today when it announced Canton, Ohio and Virginia Beach, Virginia as home markets for its inaugural season which will begin in just a few weeks on August 9th. Full schedule details and two additional host markets will be announced shortly. Signed leases with these two cities brings tremendous excitement for the upcoming season.

"For months, we've preached to our stakeholders that Patience Is Strength," stated MLFB CEO Frank Murtha. "Today with the announcement of two of our 2022 home markets, MLFB is closer than ever to fulfilling our mission of bringing exciting quality football to the communities we serve while cultivating the development of players, coaches, officials and front office personnel."

Murtha continued, "The partnerships with Canton and Virginia Beach give the League the opportunity to have a great slate of games this fall in some tremendous cities who clearly love football. It also allows us to build towards a full season of Major League Football in the Spring of 2023, making the MLFB America's home for professional spring football."

The first two MLFB team names will be the Ohio Force and the Virginia Armada.

MLFB selected these football hungry markets based on demographics, community support, facilities, and civic buy-in on MLFB's vision as a developmental league with a sustainable business model according to Murtha.

"After an extensive nationwide search, MLFB management is confident we found two ideal markets for our first season," said Murtha. "Canton (Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium) and Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach Sportsplex), both welcomed us with a true sense of partnership and a "can do" attitude that perfectly matches our philosophy. Our other two cities have engaged us with that same energy, and we anticipate making that announcement in the next few days."

MLFB's announcement of these two host markets for the 2022 season is its latest move in its huge undertaking to launch a new professional sports league. Earlier, MLFB announced its four initial head coaches, Terry Shea, Earnest Wilson, Jerry Glanville, and Bill Conley.

Together, these coaching veterans have more than 150 years of coaching experience across all levels of football. Each has expressed a passion for helping young men develop personally and professionally.

Coach Jerry Glanville stated on his decision to join MLFB, "Every MLFB player was an outstanding college player. Our goal is to help them grow into professional players and improve their skills and play, increasing their opportunities to join the NFL. Watching them grow and improve is the joy of teaching and coaching."

Head Coach Terry Shea a widely respected offensive "guru" with more than 50 years coaching experience will be leading the Virginia Armada. Shea has served as head coach at San Jose State and was offensive coordinator for the legendary Bill Walsh at Stanford. Over the course of numerous years in the NFL with the Chiefs, Bears, Dolphins and Rams, Coach Shea returned to helping young players develop. That is why he is here with MLFB.

Ohio coaching legend Bill Conley has been tabbed Head Coach for the Ohio Force. After a successful playing career at Ohio State, Conley began his coaching career in Ohio high school football before returning to his alma mater as recruiting coordinator under John Cooper and Jim Tressel. A long-time Assistant Coach at Ohio State, Conley also enjoyed a long and successful tenure as head coach at Division II Ohio Dominican.

Key upcoming MLFB announcements include: two additional host cities, training camp dates and location, a full league game schedule, and ticket purchasing options.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

This has DOA written all over it. Even the opening sentence of the press release sounds desperate.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion