MLFB to have 70 man rosters, big announcements on the 6th

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Re: MLFB to have 70 man rosters, big announcements on the 6th

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:18 pm Something interesting I saw in the Markcast is the MLFB apparently has been taking a lot of the guys from the xfl showcases, some have negotiated outs in case xfl calls for them but not all have as it’s something that needs to be negotiated because the standard deal is a 2 year
MLFB missed the boat on what niche to fill. With TSL gone they could have been the ultra low cost July/early Aug 4+1 week training league. Call it AAF (Academy of American Football) take their IP cheap, play 7/10-8/7 with small rosters like TSL, no pay and with scouts from USFL/CFL/XFL etc... TV needs something to put on this month and instead of looking like a cheap shot try of USFL / XFL, market it as a chance to get on a team. They even could have teamed up with XFL to try and test rules etc.... Virtual studio with games in all one location or two close cities.
Either that or during NFL season like TSL 2020.
Missed opportunity IMO. But these guys are fools anyway.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

So training camp has started

herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:39 pm
herns wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:18 pm Something interesting I saw in the Markcast is the MLFB apparently has been taking a lot of the guys from the xfl showcases, some have negotiated outs in case xfl calls for them but not all have as it’s something that needs to be negotiated because the standard deal is a 2 year
MLFB missed the boat on what niche to fill. With TSL gone they could have been the ultra low cost July/early Aug 4+1 week training league. Call it AAF (Academy of American Football) take their IP cheap, play 7/10-8/7 with small rosters like TSL, no pay and with scouts from USFL/CFL/XFL etc... TV needs something to put on this month and instead of looking like a cheap shot try of USFL / XFL, market it as a chance to get on a team. They even could have teamed up with XFL to try and test rules etc.... Virtual studio with games in all one location or two close cities.
Either that or during NFL season like TSL 2020.
Missed opportunity IMO. But these guys are fools anyway.
I would’ve liked to see what you’re saying and have the MLFB serve as a pipeline/rules testing for USFL and xfl but right or not they see themselves as equal to those leagues. I wish they would’ve went with buying the AAF trademarks and branding. I will say the armada branding is an actually good one, the rest are fine
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

The branding is absolute garbage. Looks like an indoor lacrosse league.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

The logo is off center (and thus so is everything else)

Are they gonna photoshop Dickie V holding an MLFB banner again or hint at Duke Riley coming there for camp instead?
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:32 am The branding is absolute garbage. Looks like an indoor lacrosse league.
I don’t think it’s awful but it’s just average, the armada are the one team logo that I think is really good the rest are just fine. But the Armada are the one that would be near the top of my lists for any leagues team brands
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

herns wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:14 am I don’t think it’s awful but it’s just average, the armada are the one team logo that I think is really good the rest are just fine. But the Armada are the one that would be near the top of my lists for any leagues team brands
If this is average, what's an example of below average in your book?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

So apparently it was leaked that the games would be broadcast on Amazon, but later that was erased to say that the games would be broadcast but did not say who. This got all ten MLFB fans on Reddit all excited.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Yeah I can just see Michaels and Herbie doing a test run. ;)

"One of the teams is gonna be playing at the HOF Bowl right? And then there's Arkansas/Alabama, that's a prime time SEC showdown right there!"

OK I got nothin :mrgreen:
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:42 pm So apparently it was leaked that the games would be broadcast on Amazon, but later that was erased to say that the games would be broadcast but did not say who. This got all ten MLFB fans on Reddit all excited.
Twitch-streamed. They're an Amazon company, right? :lol: