Hal Mumme Arrested

XFL Football discussion.
Gopher123
Quarterback

Hal Mumme Arrested

Post by Gopher123 »

https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/hal-mum ... 17b1512f6a

Whoops. This won’t look good on his resume.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Hal Mumme Arrested

Post by GDAWG »

I don't think he would be the only option for Bob Stoops. People tend to forget that before he was at Oklahoma, Stoops was the defensive coordinator for Steve Spurrier at Florida.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

Mumme, reportedly a man with no criminal record, was having a bad day, and probably trying to tell a hotel why they sucked. He needs to get his $hit together and deal with whatever has gone wrong. Then get his towel and get back on the sidelines.

I always hate it when good people go off, for whatever reason, and the media pounces on them. This time they focused on his mug shot. Not cool.
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MarkNelson wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:36 am Mumme, reportedly a man with no criminal record, was having a bad day, and probably trying to tell a hotel why they sucked. He needs to get his $hit together and deal with whatever has gone wrong. Then get his towel and get back on the sidelines.

I always hate it when good people go off, for whatever reason, and the media pounces on them. This time they focused on his mug shot. Not cool.
This won't impact him getting hired.. unless its a drinking problem.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:37 pm
MarkNelson wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:36 am Mumme, reportedly a man with no criminal record, was having a bad day, and probably trying to tell a hotel why they sucked. He needs to get his $hit together and deal with whatever has gone wrong. Then get his towel and get back on the sidelines.

he might not want to get involved with the XFL this time around. Again, Bob Stoops has other options for his OC, including the Ole Ball Coach.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:34 pm

he might not want to get involved with the XFL this time around. Again, Bob Stoops has other options for his OC, including the Ole Ball Coach.
He likely is needed for the 'rookie' HC's that the XFL has coming in. XFL would be wise to align him with one of them. If not USFL may pick him up.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:35 am

He likely is needed for the 'rookie' HC's that the XFL has coming in. XFL would be wise to align him with one of them. If not USFL may pick him up.
He doesn't have any ties to Hines Ward, Rod Woodson or Anthony Becht. I think that those three are going with coaches they have ties to. I looked back at the playing careers of those three players and Ward's position coach his rookie year was David Culley. Ward has also played for Mike Mularkey and Ken Whisenhunt. Ward has coached with Adam Gase and Gregg Williams with the Jets, neither of whom are good coaches. Woodson has played for Marvin Lewis and Brian Billick and was on the Raiders staff under Chuck Bresnahan. Becht has played for and coached alongside Mike Martz but also played a year in Arizona under Whisenhunt. I think those three will go with coaches that they know to fill out their staffs.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:57 am

He doesn't have any ties to Hines Ward, Rod Woodson or Anthony Becht. I think that those three are going with coaches they have ties to. I looked back at the playing careers of those three players and Ward's position coach his rookie year was David Culley. Ward has also played for Mike Mularkey and Ken Whisenhunt. Ward has coached with Adam Gase and Gregg Williams with the Jets, neither of whom are good coaches. Woodson has played for Marvin Lewis and Brian Billick and was on the Raiders staff under Chuck Bresnahan. Becht has played for and coached alongside Mike Martz but also played a year in Arizona under Whisenhunt. I think those three will go with coaches that they know to fill out their staffs.
XFl pay scale is going to be the issue with those guys - Mumme is the price point. If not USFL picks him up.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:28 am

XFl pay scale is going to be the issue with those guys - Mumme is the price point. If not USFL picks him up.
If those three hire assistant coaches that lack much experience in coaching, they are going to look like how Kirby Wilson looks out there in the USFL: not having any clue as to what he's doing. They need at least one assistant who's had a ton of experience, which is why I looked at who their coaches were as players.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:10 pm
4th&long wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:28 am

If those three hire assistant coaches that lack much experience in coaching, they are going to look like how Kirby Wilson looks out there in the USFL: not having any clue as to what he's doing. They need at least one assistant who's had a ton of experience, which is why I looked at who their coaches were as players.
Its a good idea, but I just don't see XFL with the $$$ for these guys, who knows.

Plus Hal Mumme knows non-NFL football which as we see can help in these leagues.