Team names for San Antonio, Las Vegas and Orlando?

XFL Football discussion.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Team names for San Antonio, Las Vegas and Orlando?

Post by MarkNelson »

Everything points toward XFL teams going to San Antonio, Las Vegas and Orlando? What team names should they go with?
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Gopher123
Quarterback

Re: Team names for San Antonio, Las Vegas and Orlando?

Post by Gopher123 »

MarkNelson wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:17 pm Everything points toward XFL teams going to San Antonio, Las Vegas and Orlando? What team names should they go with?
Las Vegas Outlaws.

If Dallas keeps the Renegades, this is probably too close but aside from that, what are peoples feelings about bringing them back? Logo, uniform, name, all of it. I think having a reborn team from XFL 1.0 would be kind of cool but I could see others wanting to start over with no tie, (which I get). If it were to happen, I would want the Outlaws over the Rage for instance. Maybe someone else owns the trademarks now? I don’t know.

Also, I’m hoping they don’t try to attach the Vipers, Guardians, or Wildcats to a different city. A new city should be truly their own. Save the old names for a return to their old cities down the road.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

MarkNelson wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:17 pm Everything points toward XFL teams going to San Antonio, Las Vegas and Orlando? What team names should they go with?
Vegas is the one branding from 2001 I’d like back but I could see them being the wildcats as well. Dallas I’d like the renegades back and Orlando idk. I don’t think the vipers are back I wouldn’t hate something similar to the blues from TSL
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

I love the Las Vegas Outlaws, and if there’s a chance to bring back that name I would cheer.

Orlando Vipers would work for me.

I saw on Twitter San Antonio Americans. I immediately liked it.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

Gopher123 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:30 pm Las Vegas Outlaws.

If Dallas keeps the Renegades, this is probably too close but aside from that, what are peoples feelings about bringing them back? Logo, uniform, name, all of it. I think having a reborn team from XFL 1.0 would be kind of cool but I could see others wanting to start over with no tie, (which I get). If it were to happen, I would want the Outlaws over the Rage for instance. Maybe someone else owns the trademarks now? I don’t know.

Also, I’m hoping they don’t try to attach the Vipers, Guardians, or Wildcats to a different city. A new city should be truly their own. Save the old names for a return to their old cities down the road.
Bring back everything about the Outlaws. Name logos, colors, helmets, uniform. Everything but “He Hate Me,”. Okay, maybe bring back He Hate Me as a promotion.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Trying to go diff and tie in to market:

SA Mustangs, LV High Rollers, Orlando Launch
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:01 pm
Trying to go diff and tie in to market:

SA Mustangs, LV High Rollers, Orlando Launch
Too close to SMU Mustangs.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Well if you're the Rock you take a total 180 here from when you went all prime Rock on the owners who allowed LA to be NFL-less for 21 years (obviously different time and place since same guy is kicking off the Super Bowl not far from the Coliseum the same number of years later) and totally tie Vegas in with the Raiders: Play at Allegiant, ex-Raider (Rod Woodson) coach, colors--silver for the Silver State would be much appreciated, hell everything but have Derek Carr throwing to Davante Adams. Plus Outlaws naturally goes with Raiders so that should be that.

San Antonio? My leading fav would be Mission (used it in my sim league for SD--Mission Valley) and would be perfect here except you're going to run into some pushback with the SA Missions minor league team (who is incidentally the Padres' AA affiliate) I would imagine. Stampede is my next choice, just happens to be my SA team (and the ex-Stampeder hopeful gets a chance to work it in there)

Orlando? Stay Rage why not? By all accounts it was the most successful of all the O-town teams and you'd be playing at a since refurbished Camping World Stadium which has a much higher profile than it did in 2001 (hosting Wrestlemania twice for instance). With presumably T-Buck as coach, there's another tie-in--when Florida State plays LSU at CWS next year.

Obviously you shouldn't be trying to run back XFL1.0 totally, but is to date the last new league playing in the offseason to go a full season until the USFL, so take some good parts out of it anyway
super390
Receiver

Post by super390 »

Given that San Francisco was the most popular team in the original XFL, and Oakland is being stripped of its teams, I can't see why Las Vegas is a preferred location to the Bay Area in 2023. Especially playing before baseball season. Las Vegas is a small city with a small metropolitan population.

What could one call a new Oakland team that safely echoes the Raiders?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

super390 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:13 am Given that San Francisco was the most popular team in the original XFL, and Oakland is being stripped of its teams, I can't see why Las Vegas is a preferred location to the Bay Area in 2023. Especially playing before baseball season. Las Vegas is a small city with a small metropolitan population.

What could one call a new Oakland team that safely echoes the Raiders?
I think USFL1.0 did it, in fact the first Invader was former Raider (and 49er) Cedrick Hardman. Ex-Raider Raymond Chester was on the first-year club too.

Nevertheless, while SD is a missed opportunity with the new stadium (CBS announced today Arizona/SDSU to lead off their college coverage) most understand why no CA in year one.