Teams/cities coming June 1st

XFL Football discussion.
Tank55
MVP

Re: Teams/cities coming June 1st

Post by Tank55 »

But at least the USFL and the XFL are making these decisions with their eyes open. The AAF was forced into awkward situations in Orlando, San Diego, and Salt Lake City because they were just in way over their heads.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:51 pm I agree. Either properly fund a football league or don't. I think it's short sighted to try to split the difference like these leagues are doing.
We'll I'm not saying it's bad perse, and I think XFL was expecting things to be further along by now. I don't have issue with them trying to stay within a budget. We are spoiled by the 4 major sports.

Again VM had the balz and put his money out and said so, then got spooked by covid and we know how it ended up...

Having said that new XFL 3.0 is not very transparent about financing, so we have no info.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

MGB01 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:48 pm Oh yeah CFL USA is basically the whole of the book End Zones and Border Wars. Got it real cheap a few years ago as a companion piece and now I bring it out every so often. Got some funny stuff in there:

To Carlos Huerta at a Posse autograph signing: "So you going pro this year?"
The Shreveport disaster: "Half these people can't even spell Saskatchewan!"
Literally having to tape the Liberty Bowl together to make a playable field, and it was still off by quite a few yards
And is not at all kind to either Bruce McNall or the Gliebermans

Wasn't Miami originally a target of USFL1.0, which is how Howard Schnellenberger left the U?
Indeed, Miami was to join the USFL and Howard Schelleberger was set to coach....but of course he had no interest once the fall decision was made and the Federals were sold to Donald Dizney in Orlando instead.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I hope that the news of the XFL announcing all of their teams and cities on June 1st won't be overshadowed by NFL releases that day, because any NFL releases will take up at least 5 segments on The Get UP and NFL Live.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:09 pm I hope that the news of the XFL announcing all of their teams and cities on June 1st won't be overshadowed by NFL releases that day, because any NFL releases will take up at least 5 segments on The Get UP and NFL Live.
Or a Baker Mayfield trade, but yeah the ridiculousness crowd will have some ammo here.

I'd think they learned from the Julio Jones flop (although that was a trade and not a cut) in that they treated it like he was 2012 JJ all over but all we need is a 20 minute segment on "the Packers release Mason Crosby leaving Aaron Rodgers the only player left from Super Bowl XLV, LET'S GO TO ADAM SCHEFTER" to shoot that to hell
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Well, June 1st is tomorrow and we haven't had any teases from anyone associated with the XFL (or otherwise) for any big announcements. For the new logo, it was teased 24 hours in advance on XFL Twitter; for the coaches, it was announced that Rock and Garcia would be on Get Up the next day, and Rock specifically teased coaching announcements that morning. So if history holds, we should've heard something today about it.
@gregmparks
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

June 1st and crickets... I believe Mr. Karraker based his rumor on a truth, and June 1st was on the table at that time. Either that was a soft date, or plans have shifted, we are left to wonder.

Fact is, without the league making an actual announcement there is nothing to say.
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

MarkNelson wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:21 am June 1st and crickets... I believe Mr. Karraker based his rumor on a truth, and June 1st was on the table at that time. Either that was a soft date, or plans have shifted, we are left to wonder.

Fact is, without the league making an actual announcement there is nothing to say.
Ya if nothing comes today it’ll be disappointing but I won’t be disappointed with the league just disappointed it didn’t happen
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

It's not the announcement of cities and teams, but Aaron Wilson at Pro Football Network did confirm the obvious today, that Bob Stoops will return to coaching the Dallas franchise:

@gregmparks
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

It will be intetesting, after all of the dust finally settles, to hear about and understand all of the machinations that went into the re-launch of the XFL in 2023. I am guessing that all the stops and starts will be facinating.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair