Cardale released from the ELKS

XFL Football discussion.
herns
Head Coach

Cardale released from the ELKS

Post by herns »

https://twitter.com/morley_scott/status ... jTTh3Y8tUA

Do you want cardale to come back to the xfl, I’d lean towards No and if he does that team needs an amazing backup qb
4th&long
MVP

Re: Cardale released from the ELKS

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:15 pm https://twitter.com/morley_scott/status ... jTTh3Y8tUA

Do you want cardale to come back to the xfl, I’d lean towards No and if he does that team needs an amazing backup qb
No, USFL passed on him already now CFL. He doesn't have "it".
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

So he was essentially an Elk for the length of the strike?
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

MGB01 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:29 pm So he was essentially an Elk for the length of the strike?
I think he got in 2 practices but basically
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

What did they learn in 2 practices that they already didn’t know? Cardale has either really slipped more since the end of his XFL days or the Elks’ player personnel department was reaching for the stars. At this point, I can only see Cardale back in the XFL but maybe only as a backup.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

You can find out what kind of shape he's in and whether he's put in any work adjusting to a game with a bigger field and an extra man. And maybe whether or not he's receptive to coaching.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

Tank55 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:33 pm You can find out what kind of shape he's in and whether he's put in any work adjusting to a game with a bigger field and an extra man. And maybe whether or not he's receptive to coaching.
I think it’s expecting a lot to take a guy that’s never played the 3 down game, hasn’t played pro ball in over 2 years and give him 2 practices to in what was make or break. Obviously, they weren’t impressed. If he was out of shape then that’s on him and he shouldn’t be wasting everyone’s time. You’re right in being out of shape would have definitely shown up in 2 practices. Then of course there was that overcrowded qb room they had…..