FOX 26 Houston: XFL returning to Houston/TDECU Stadium

XFL Football discussion.
Tank55
MVP

Re: FOX 26 Houston: XFL returning to Houston/TDECU Stadium

Post by Tank55 »

If you can make it work in Houston or any other Top 10 US market, I think you have to go for it. But if you can't, Austin is already bigger than Birmingham, has a perfect venue, and is growing rapidly. I think it has a lot to offer one of these leagues. Woods/TSL did a lot in Austin, so they're very familiar with the market.

Plus I'm good for four season tickets all by myself, so that's a big head start over any other market.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

I also think the Gamblers and Roughnecks can co-exist, for the record. I'd be more worried about the Houston heat than the Roughnecks if I were the USFL.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:49 pm I also think the Gamblers and Roughnecks can co-exist, for the record. I'd be more worried about the Houston heat than the Roughnecks if I were the USFL.
Yeah, that's a good point - Originally Gamblers were indoors at Astrodome?
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

Tank55 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:49 pm I also think the Gamblers and Roughnecks can co-exist, for the record. I'd be more worried about the Houston heat than the Roughnecks if I were the USFL.
It depends, are the Gamblers eventually going to finish a game? If not, I’d worry about the Roughnecks.