Next announcement won’t be teams/cities as stadium deals aren’t in place yet

XFL Football discussion.
herns
Head Coach

Next announcement won’t be teams/cities as stadium deals aren’t in place yet

Post by herns »

“ Sources have told us that team names and locations won’t happen till this Summer as stadium discussions are ongoing and fluid.”

My guess is it’ll be the tv deal announcement because that’s about all I could think of

https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/xfl-co- ... this-week/
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Next announcement won’t be teams/cities as stadium deals aren’t in place yet

Post by GregParks »

That would make sense: Network upfronts are this week (where TV networks reveal their 2022-2023 schedules) in NYC and that's where Dany Garcia was in her latest Instagram post plugging the next big XFL announcement.
@gregmparks
herns
Head Coach

Re: Next announcement won’t be teams/cities as stadium deals aren’t in place yet

Post by herns »

GregParks wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:20 pm That would make sense: Network upfronts are this week (where TV networks reveal their 2022-2023 schedules) in NYC and that's where Dany Garcia was in her latest Instagram post plugging the next big XFL announcement.
After listening to Eric Galko on the Markcast he brought up the worry the XFL is behind, I’m hoping stadiums not being in place isn’t a sign that he’s right
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

herns wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:27 pm
GregParks wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:20 pm That would make sense: Network upfronts are this week (where TV networks reveal their 2022-2023 schedules) in NYC and that's where Dany Garcia was in her latest Instagram post plugging the next big XFL announcement.
After listening to Eric Galko on the Markcast he brought up the worry the XFL is behind, I’m hoping stadiums not being in place isn’t a sign that he’s right
Not to get too philosophical, but "behind" is a relative term. "Behind" what? The XFL 2020 timeline? Our own expectations? The league's schedule? Only those in charge know the latter and if they're on-target or not.

I would say though that it's concerning if they still haven't hammered down the stadium leases yet. Maybe not so much if they had planned all along to do a bubble and then reversed course just recently (which brings up a whole other set of concerns I suppose), but realistically, the stadium leases should've been one of the first major moves they negotiated when they decided on the 2023 start date.
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:50 pm
herns wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:27 pm
Not to get too philosophical, but "behind" is a relative term. "Behind" what? The XFL 2020 timeline? Our own expectations? The league's schedule? Only those in charge know the latter and if they're on-target or not.

I would say though that it's concerning if they still haven't hammered down the stadium leases yet. Maybe not so much if they had planned all along to do a bubble and then reversed course just recently (which brings up a whole other set of concerns I suppose), but realistically, the stadium leases should've been one of the first major moves they negotiated when they decided on the 2023 start date.
GregP,

To put it in perspective XFL 2.0 wanted 2 yrs run up to get it right. While they announced cities later you know they were decided for months.

>>Aside from team names and locations, the main piece of the puzzle missing is a TV deal. The XFL announced its TV deal in May 2019, so now could be the time. The 3.0 era has been following the XFL 2.0 timeline. Team names and logos came in August 2019.<<

Many said USFL could not put it all together in 10 months and decided on a hub, but XFL 3.0 is doing this in less time it appears. No stadium deals yet? Ok - It just seems to me since Jan they are lagging behind what they intended.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Also announced that Young Rock will go up against "The Rock's show" as YR moves to Fridays when it returns in November. Unless it's Rock on Smackdown in the third segment (a la Rick Rude on RAW and Nitro, or much more recently Von Miller on Celebrity Wheel of Fortune opposite the NFC title game) I don't think that was it.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

Dany Garcia wouldn’t be in NYC to announce a team, because that’s prolly not going to happen. ;)

Has to be the broadcast deal.
6D733524-40B3-4C7A-8246-AA60C8593467.jpeg
6D733524-40B3-4C7A-8246-AA60C8593467.jpeg (944.97 KiB) Viewed 22920 times
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Or the first player signed to the league: former San Diego State DB Dwayne Johnson, who picked Kyle Lauletta off in a preseason SNF game.

Stranger things..............
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

FYI, Disney upfronts are Tuesday at 4 PM ET at New York City's Basketball City.
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

FOX had a taped presentation :lol:

Of course, this came as two shows (whose season finales are this week) were renewed at the last minute, meaning they weren't part of it. In fact, other than Bama/Texas, nothing was released today.