June Jones to be Seattle OC?

XFL Football discussion.
Tank55
MVP

June Jones to be Seattle OC?

Post by Tank55 »

Can't add an image right now for some reason, but June Jones' twitter bio at one point included "Offensive Coordinator ... XFL ... for Jim Haslett in Seattle."

https://twitter.com/the_markcast/status ... 3695690752

I think returning to Houston would have been ideal, but it would be great news to have him involved regardless.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Tank55
MVP

Re: June Jones to be Seattle OC?

Post by Tank55 »

Hard to imagine a bigger upgrade from Zorn to Haslett/Jones. Our Dragon friends must be pumped.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Yes, we most certainlyv are! Go DRAGONS!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Good hire. Would have preferred Jone HC, Haslett DC. Either way good combo.

But wouldn't Jones be better on a team with one of the novice HC's?
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

Leave it up to June Jones to release some news! We’ve seen that before :lol:
As I’ve said, the USFL and XFL missed when not appointing him as a HC. If true, they still get a big win with this. The XFL is so much better with June Jones and guys like him in it. It looks as though the run and shoot is back, maybe the air raid and Hal Mumme returns with Stoops as well? It’s fun thinking about these coaches and offenses being back. I was very excited to see this, as he was one coach I very much wanted to see return. Now we wait for it to become official……
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:18 pm Good hire. Would have preferred Jone HC, Haslett DC. Either way good combo.

I think they will go with people that they know from their playing days. Both Hines Ward and Anthony Becht were coached by Ken Whisenhunt and Rod Woodson played for Brian Billick and Marvin Lewis
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

4th&long wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:18 pm But wouldn't Jones be better on a team with one of the novice HC's?
Definitely. But hopefully these decision aren't being made at the league level -- it's Haslett's responsibility to fill out his staff, not Russ Brandon or whoever. And obviously Jones has agency too.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:34 pm
4th&long wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:18 pm But wouldn't Jones be better on a team with one of the novice HC's?
Definitely. But hopefully these decision aren't being made at the league level -- it's Haslett's responsibility to fill out his staff, not Russ Brandon or whoever. And obviously Jones has agency too.
That's true, and Haslett has coached in AltFB before and did his homework, grabbed Jones. Smart move. I see Humme strong possibility with Stoops. Jeff Fisher missed out on picking him for OC.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:47 pm
Tank55 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:34 pm
That's true, and Haslett has coached in AltFB before and did his homework, grabbed Jones. Smart move. I see Humme strong possibility with Stoops. Jeff Fisher missed out on picking him for OC.
Stoops also has ties to the Ole Ball Coach, Steve Spurrier.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

4th&long wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:18 pm Good hire. Would have preferred Jone HC, Haslett DC. Either way good combo.

Agreed on both accounts, but I also agree with Tank that the league shouldn't be meddling in coaching staffs and if Haslett chose Jones, then so be it.

IF this news is true, it's really good news for the league. Jones's offenses are always fun to watch and they provide something outside of the ordinary. As others have mentioned before, having a wide range of offensive styles and philosophies would be in the best interest of the league.
@gregmparks