Bob Stoops- Dallas
Wade Phillips- Houston
Terrell Buckley- Orlando
Reggie Barlow- DC
Anthony Becht- St. Louis
Rod Woodson-Las Vegas
Hines Ward- San Antonio
Jim Haslett- Seattle

Not determined yet. The situation is fluid.
https://twitter.com/ByMikeMitchell/stat ... 6798395398
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GDAWG
MVP

Re: City speculation

Post by GDAWG »

So Houston will have three pro football teams. That will be interesting.
Last edited by GDAWG on Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

They did OK with two, but definitely not so incredible that you think three would make a ton of sense. The big question mark for me is where the Gamblers would play. I guess if the Dynamo can play outside in the summer, so can the Gamblers, but sure seems like the best case scenario would be going to NRG and closing the upper decks.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:32 pm
FWIW: The early word on the new XFL head coaches

Bob Stoops- Dallas
Wade Phillips- Houston
Terrell Buckley- Orlando
Reggie Barlow- DC
Anthony Becht- St. Louis
Rod Woodson-Las Vegas
Hines Ward- San Antonio
Jim Haslett- Seattle

Not determined yet. The situation is fluid.
https://twitter.com/ByMikeMitchell/stat ... 6798395398
These cities (and I'm not sold on Houston - that's 3 texas teams of 8) have a total Nielsen Household reach of 12.4%
XFL 2.0 was 22% being the highest; AAF was the 9.2% the lowest.

USFL is at 16.1%. All based on 2021 Nielsen data.

One of the reasons for XFL's success on TV was the larger markets it played in, then again these are not set in stone as yet.

As posted else where I do think Winter/Spring is a better time to televise games due to competing with good weather. Having said that leaving both LA and NY is interesting. I can see a noticeable TV drop off if these cities stand firm.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Unlike with the USFL, where there will likely be some form of Spread/Air Raid style among most of the offenses, it remains to be seen what type of offenses will be run in the XFL.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Las Vegas in the XFL is interesting as Las Vegas hasn't embraced alt football ever and I don't know how the IFL team is doing attendance-wise. So I wonder how this will be different?
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:58 pm Las Vegas in the XFL is interesting as Las Vegas hasn't embraced alt football ever and I don't know how the IFL team is doing attendance-wise. So I wonder how this will be different?
The stadium. If they can't book Allegiant, they shouldn't bother.

And attendance for the Outlaws wasn't great, but they led the league in local market TV ratings.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:55 pm Unlike with the USFL, where there will likely be some form of Spread/Air Raid style among most of the offenses, it remains to be seen what type of offenses will be run in the XFL.
Idk I’m interested in what the derisive coaches will run on offense. USFL Has 4 with spread offenses (Birmingham, New Orleans, Houston, and Philly), 2 rpo based (Tampa and Michigan) and then two more traditional pro style (New Jersey, Pitt). It’ll be interesting to see the xfl coaching philosophies but my guess is there’ll be a lot of variety, especially with them having multiple defensive coaches
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:01 pm
GDAWG wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:58 pm Las Vegas in the XFL is interesting as Las Vegas hasn't embraced alt football ever and I don't know how the IFL team is doing attendance-wise. So I wonder how this will be different?
The stadium. If they can't book Allegiant, they shouldn't bother.

And attendance for the Outlaws wasn't great, but they led the league in local market TV ratings.
If you have name value like Woodson, also an ex-Raider (both player and coach), it'll go a long way to making Vegas a big deal, especially as Allegiant starts to fill up their calendar and you don't stick out as the lonesome loser if all you do is run back say the Locos (strategic move, horrible execution).

Besides, can't think of a better way to go big, at least within reason.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:40 pm So Houston will have three pro football teams. That will be interesting.
Well, Birmingham has eight, so why not?