HOW will XFL release its news?

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

HOW will XFL release its news?

Post by GregParks »

Just as interesting as WHAT news the XFL will be releasing in 2-3 weeks is HOW they'll be presenting it to the public. OK, maybe not JUST as interesting, but still, something I've been thinking about. So far, the little news that we have received from the league has been through Dany Garcia's Instagram or via press release. XFL 2.0 revealed cities and coaches through streamed press conferences.

Perhaps it depends on what exactly the news is, but I'm hoping the new league has something more creative up its sleeve for the big reveals (TV deals, cities, coaches - assuming at least one of those is among the "exciting announcements" touted by The Rock on Monday) than what we've seen so far. Any ideas on how this upcoming news dump may be released, or how YOU'D like to see it presented?
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Re: HOW will XFL release its news?

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:59 am Just as interesting as WHAT news the XFL will be releasing in 2-3 weeks is HOW they'll be presenting it to the public. OK, maybe not JUST as interesting, but still, something I've been thinking about. So far, the little news that we have received from the league has been through Dany Garcia's Instagram or via press release. XFL 2.0 revealed cities and coaches through streamed press conferences.

Perhaps it depends on what exactly the news is, but I'm hoping the new league has something more creative up its sleeve for the big reveals (TV deals, cities, coaches - assuming at least one of those is among the "exciting announcements" touted by The Rock on Monday) than what we've seen so far. Any ideas on how this upcoming news dump may be released, or how YOU'D like to see it presented?
To date the latest XFL 3.0 news releases have been Teaser in style, as they don't have any concrete news or they aren't prepared to answer a lot of questions. And they want to blunt the USFL news cycle and stay relevant, that's common in business when trailing behind someone else's time table. (USFL did the same on Tuesday to blunt the ManningNF Rock appearance by teasing the Birmingham story)

When they have big news it will likely be presented via a Press Conference or on a Broadcaster's show. For example if they sign a big deal with NFLN, especially a paying one or one that the network has skin in the game, it would likely be on NFLN's Good Morning Football. If its less tied to broadcasting or an air time pay deal could be a jazzed up Press Conference.

AAF had a big Press Conf kick off with snake oil Charlie and USFL 2.0 has used Colin Cowherd's The Herd.

I'd like to see something more serious ie less Rock more substantial. So maybe have Rock do a short intro to get eyeballs but they need to get more substantial. If that means they need more time - so be it. They likely are trying to get something out before superbowl ie during the NFL season ends however.
herns
Head Coach

Re: HOW will XFL release its news?

Post by herns »

GregParks wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:59 am Just as interesting as WHAT news the XFL will be releasing in 2-3 weeks is HOW they'll be presenting it to the public. OK, maybe not JUST as interesting, but still, something I've been thinking about. So far, the little news that we have received from the league has been through Dany Garcia's Instagram or via press release. XFL 2.0 revealed cities and coaches through streamed press conferences.

I think it’ll just be videos released on their social medias like their for the love of football videos like
https://youtu.be/7EKF1eVGQfc