The Rock on MNF

XFL Football discussion.
herns
Head Coach

The Rock on MNF

Post by herns »

The Rock and just about all xfl social media accounts posted the Rock will be on the manning cast on mnf. I wonder if we’re getting some news
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: The Rock on MNF

Post by GregParks »

Feel like it would be a huge missed opportunity if we didn't.
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Well usually when you have someone of his stature he's got something, he's not gonna promote an NBC show (Young Rock) on ESPN, and he's not gonna sit here and go all Tony Khan about going head-to-head with his ex-boss, so let's hope that's what it is.

I mean nothing worse than Joe Theismann supposedly being made part of the UFL ownership group and saying absolutely nothing about it on Craig Ferguson that week (nothing said 'OK we're cutting your 15 minutes' more than that).
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

On the ManningCast, Rock noted there will be "exciting announcements" related to the XFL coming in the next two or three weeks.

Disappointing, but not terribly surprising. Not sure why you'd have the official XFL Twitter account, which has been largely dormant, retweet the news of Rock being on the ManningCast if there WASN'T any kind of announcement to be made.

If you're looking for a silver lining to the non-news tonight, it keeps the league on the timeline Rock mentioned on CNBC late in December, so it appears nothing has happened since then to push things back.
@gregmparks
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GregParks wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:14 pm On the ManningCast, Rock noted there will be "exciting announcements" related to the XFL coming in the next two or three weeks.

Disappointing, but not terribly surprising. Not sure why you'd have the official XFL Twitter account, which has been largely dormant, retweet the news of Rock being on the ManningCast if there WASN'T any kind of announcement to be made.

If you're looking for a silver lining to the non-news tonight, it keeps the league on the timeline Rock mentioned on CNBC late in December, so it appears nothing has happened since then to push things back.
I’m hoping we get some spring football momentum. Hopefully USFL coaches this week, xfl cities in 2 weeks, broadcast partner in 3 weeks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:14 pm On the ManningCast, Rock noted there will be "exciting announcements" related to the XFL coming in the next two or three weeks.

It was a tease of a future news release - to generate buzz for what's going to be announced. With the USFL in the news XFL is playing catch up and working to stay relevant - this type of marketing happens all the time. Will it help? It certainly can't hurt.

The only thing that I didn't like was this over emphasis on the players, that's their #1 goal? No its $$ lol. But it almost sounded they may be working towards dev league situation or it was just fluff. As a fan, that isn't my #1 priority.

https://twitter.com/XFLNewsroom/status/ ... wsrc%5Etfw

On a side note: 4/6 NFL blowouts on "Super" W/C weekend is a disgrace. Not a fan of 17 games nor 14 team playoff.
Last edited by 4th&long on Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

With the XFL and USFL around in 2023 at close to the same time, only one will emerge.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:26 pm With the XFL and USFL around in 2023 at close to the same time, only one will emerge.
Or merge... which is a likely scenario.

Do you think both play in 2023?
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:26 pm With the XFL and USFL around in 2023 at close to the same time, only one will emerge.
Idk there isn’t much overlap so there’sa chance something around a million viewers is sustainable for both, we really don’t know though since we’ve never been in that situation before
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:12 pm

It was a tease of a future news release - to generate buzz for what's going to be announced. With the USFL in the news XFL is playing catch up and working to stay relevant - this type of marketing happens all the time. Will it help? It certainly can't hurt.

The only thing that I didn't like was this over emphasis on the players, that's their #1 goal? No its $$ lol. But it almost sounded they may be working towards dev league situation or it was just fluff. As a fan, that isn't my #1 priority.

https://twitter.com/XFLNewsroom/status/ ... wsrc%5Etfw

On a side note: 4/6 NFL blowouts on "Super" W/C weekend is a disgrace. Not a fan of 17 games nor 14 team playoff.
Somewhat sadly I agree I think they’re gonna go developmental league route which isn’t my preference but I’m fine with it if it means it survives