List of Potential XFL Head Coaches

XFL Football discussion.
SpeedToPower
Rookie

Re: List of Potential XFL Head Coaches

Post by SpeedToPower »

I would think Coach Jerry Glanville would be at the top of the list?
His brand of football is fun to watch!!🏈
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

I'm all about diversity. Get some retreads, some young guns, some NFL guys, some college guys, different personalities, different schemes. Have some fun.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
KJE
Running Back

Post by KJE »

Jamie Elizondo was just fired by the Elks
Devon Claybrooks was fired by the Lions two CFL seasons ago and as far as I know isn't coaching.

I doubt either gets hired but Elizondo does have the XFL connection.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Couple coaches have come off the board. I'll continue to keep it updated as the NFL hiring cycle kicks into high gear in the coming weeks.
@gregmparks
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

SpeedToPower wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:29 pm I would think Coach Jerry Glanville would be at the top of the list?
He's probably pretty high up there given that he's in a lot of the alt-leagues and will probably coach until the day he dies.

I think at the top of the list, given the executives they've been hiring, is Rex Ryan: he's from the Brandon/Whaley era of the Bills, is out of coaching right now and is working for ESPN, and has that bombastic attitude that works great for the XFL.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:35 pm
SpeedToPower wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:29 pm I would think Coach Jerry Glanville would be at the top of the list?
He's probably pretty high up there given that he's in a lot of the alt-leagues and will probably coach until the day he dies.

I think at the top of the list, given the executives they've been hiring, is Rex Ryan: he's from the Brandon/Whaley era of the Bills, is out of coaching right now and is working for ESPN, and has that bombastic attitude that works great for the XFL.
The way Bills Twitter is just setting McDermott and Frazier on fire right now it'd be perfect :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . Plus you're a few months (if that timeline is followed) from hires being announced anyway.
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

GregParks wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:10 pm Couple coaches have come off the board. I'll continue to keep it updated as the NFL hiring cycle kicks into high gear in the coming weeks.
I like that you are including the new opportunities these coaches are getting as opposed to just deleting their names off of the list once they get a new job. On that note, I think maybe a few on your list were accidentally deleted. I no longer see Hal Mumme or Ben McAdoo. I was looking for McAdoo specifically because of his new job (although I’m still not sure it’s official yet). I’m almost certain I saw them on the list originally.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Gopher123 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:03 pm
GregParks wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:10 pm Couple coaches have come off the board. I'll continue to keep it updated as the NFL hiring cycle kicks into high gear in the coming weeks.
I like that you are including the new opportunities these coaches are getting as opposed to just deleting their names off of the list once they get a new job. On that note, I think maybe a few on your list were accidentally deleted. I no longer see Hal Mumme or Ben McAdoo. I was looking for McAdoo specifically because of his new job (although I’m still not sure it’s official yet). I’m almost certain I saw them on the list originally.
Panthers made it official.
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

Ok thanks! All I kept seeing was “expecting to announce.”
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Gopher123 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:03 pm
I don't THINK I had Mumme on the list originally. I MIGHT have had McAdoo - in fact, when Carolina hired him I went to edit that in and realized McAdoo wasn't in there - but if I did have him originally it was a mistake as he was employed in 2021 as an offensive consultant for the Cowboys, and I only wanted to include those not currently employed on the list (I realize some are "technically" employed on staffs that fired head coaches, but usually they go when the new coach is hired). So I may have deleted him when I realized he was working in Dallas.
@gregmparks