List of Potential XFL Head Coaches

XFL Football discussion.
Gopher123
Quarterback

Re: List of Potential XFL Head Coaches

Post by Gopher123 »

GregParks wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:12 pm
Gopher123 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:03 pm
GregParks wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:10 pm Couple coaches have come off the board. I'll continue to keep it updated as the NFL hiring cycle kicks into high gear in the coming weeks.
I like that you are including the new opportunities these coaches are getting as opposed to just deleting their names off of the list once they get a new job. On that note, I think maybe a few on your list were accidentally deleted. I no longer see Hal Mumme or Ben McAdoo. I was looking for McAdoo specifically because of his new job (although I’m still not sure it’s official yet). I’m almost certain I saw them on the list originally.
I don't THINK I had Mumme on the list originally. I MIGHT have had McAdoo - in fact, when Carolina hired him I went to edit that in and realized McAdoo wasn't in there - but if I did have him originally it was a mistake as he was employed in 2021 as an offensive consultant for the Cowboys, and I only wanted to include those not currently employed on the list (I realize some are "technically" employed on staffs that fired head coaches, but usually they go when the new coach is hired). So I may have deleted him when I realized he was working in Dallas.

I really thought I remember them both being on there but this certainly explains McAdoo being deleted.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:10 pm Couple coaches have come off the board. I'll continue to keep it updated as the NFL hiring cycle kicks into high gear in the coming weeks.
Last week one of the NFL Insiders said that some of the vacancies could be filled this week.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:40 pm
Last week one of the NFL Insiders said that some of the vacancies could be filled this week.
Bowles and Leftwich season over. Leftwich 2nd interview in Jax. Arians already saying he may take over play calling duties in 2022 (with out saying why but its BL possibly going to Jags.) I don't think its a good job in Jax and not sure BL seasoned enough but its v possible.
Bowles on other hand cost TB a tie late in game and that may cost him a job per Boomer Esiason.
Also Buffalo assistance coaches were in the mix too.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

FWIW, added a few more former college coaches to the list. As usual, if anyone has any other suggestions, let me know and I'll put them up there.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:21 am FWIW, added a few more former college coaches to the list. As usual, if anyone has any other suggestions, let me know and I'll put them up there.
Keith Butler is on your list and he's retiring:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/331 ... oordinator
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Fedora and Fisher are taken by USFL today. Big grab by USFL on Fisher
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:45 pm
GregParks wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:21 am FWIW, added a few more former college coaches to the list. As usual, if anyone has any other suggestions, let me know and I'll put them up there.
Keith Butler is on your list and he's retiring:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/331 ... oordinator
Some coaches retire and come back for a position that isn't as stressful or isn't as year-round (Bob Stoops, for example). So I wanted to include some who are "retiring" too.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:02 pm Fedora and Fisher are taken by USFL today. Big grab by USFL on Fisher
Sure, if you want your USFL team to go 4-6 for three straight years.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:30 pm
4th&long wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:02 pm Fedora and Fisher are taken by USFL today. Big grab by USFL on Fisher
So he's the best HC in Michigan! :lol: :lol:

He's a big name so give the USFL credit there.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:56 pm
GDAWG wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:30 pm
So he's the best HC in Michigan! :lol: :lol:

He's a big name so give the USFL credit there.
He is the biggest name in the USFL. But he should never coach in the NFL again, because teams don't want to go 8-9 or 7-9-1 for 4 years in a row.