XFL St Louis Battlehawks

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

XFL St Louis Battlehawks

Post by 4th&long »

>> St. Louis BattleHawks Reportedly Set for a Comeback<<

https://xflnewsroom.com/xfl/st-louis-ba ... -comeback/

>> Well, it seems that we may have an answer… sort of…. possibly.

Former St. Louis BattleHawks guard Bruno Reagan took to Twitter to say “BattleHawks are back”. <<

Tweet link in article.

Not a big surprise if it happened.
herns
Head Coach

Re: XFL St Louis Battlehawks

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:12 am >> St. Louis BattleHawks Reportedly Set for a Comeback<<

https://xflnewsroom.com/xfl/st-louis-ba ... -comeback/

>> Well, it seems that we may have an answer… sort of…. possibly.

Former St. Louis BattleHawks guard Bruno Reagan took to Twitter to say “BattleHawks are back”. <<

Tweet link in article.

Not a big surprise if it happened.
I’m slowly letting myself get excited for this league again
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

I’ve been keeping an eye on this too. No official word yet but this should be a no brainer. If somehow they don’t put a team back in St. Louis it would be one of the dumbest early moves this new group could make.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

From the XFL end StL is a must-do, and if there is to be even a loose relationship with the NFL this will happen. Why? The settlement was just a few weeks ago and StL settled awfully cheap. This would explain it, while it's not the NFL they aren't expanding even now, and if the team isn't seen as just a token attempt (which even by going only two games, it wasn't) to fill the void it's the ultimate you-build-it-they-will-come.

The whole concept of an XFL/NFL working relationship sounds ridiculous until you realize Seven Bucks was able to use NFL trademarks in Ballers, while everything else had to go the All-Pro Football route.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Worth noting that Nathan Woodside, who writes (wrote?) for this site, and is a St. Louis reporter, disputed Reagan's account that it is a done deal. This is what he Tweeted on 12/30:

https://twitter.com/Nathanwoodside/stat ... 9442451457

Perhaps both can be right in that the team is returning but the I's haven't been dotted nor T's crossed yet. Or some misinformation is being given so that the league can be the first to release the news.

If things are truly not finalized yet, I find it a little concerning especially coming after The Rock's announcement of cities and teams soon. That sounded like everything was ready for a roll-out. This news from Nathan...does not. And if St. Louis isn't finalized yet, the marquee city of XFL 2020, I wonder if others are still hanging in the balance as well. With all the time the new ownership has had, once they decided to go forward with the league, I feel like getting the cities lined up would've been more of a top priority than at least it seems given this info.

Or, quite possibly, I'm reading into things that aren't there.
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:42 pm Worth noting that Nathan Woodside, who writes (wrote?) for this site, and is a St. Louis reporter, disputed Reagan's account that it is a done deal. This is what he Tweeted on 12/30:

https://twitter.com/Nathanwoodside/stat ... 9442451457

Perhaps both can be right in that the team is returning but the I's haven't been dotted nor T's crossed yet. Or some misinformation is being given so that the league can be the first to release the news.

If things are truly not finalized yet, I find it a little concerning especially coming after The Rock's announcement of cities and teams soon. That sounded like everything was ready for a roll-out. This news from Nathan...does not. And if St. Louis isn't finalized yet, the marquee city of XFL 2020, I wonder if others are still hanging in the balance as well. With all the time the new ownership has had, once they decided to go forward with the league, I feel like getting the cities lined up would've been more of a top priority than at least it seems given this info.

Or, quite possibly, I'm reading into things that aren't there.
LOL - Nope, like I've been saying XFL is trying to post stuff to stay in public eye and blunt USFL as much as possible (SPRING FB WARS!) its smart for business but not necessarily for SpringFB fans.
I said it before and I'll say it again, my GUT says the decision by Fox to go ahead with USFL - which was likely made prior to TSL launch - was a major factor in relaunching the XFL. Once D/R/Rk saw there was real interest, they decided to dip into their wallets and to your point lost time. I said in Fall 2020 - they should have played an abbreviated hybrid bubble mini-season in 2021 to keep this alive. Fox did that via TSL...