More XFL Hires

XFL Football discussion.
Gopher123
Quarterback

More XFL Hires

Post by Gopher123 »

https://www.xfl.com/xfl-announces-key-f ... ions-hires

More key hires as the league cranks back up! Some returning to the XFL and some new. Many look to have a lot of experience.
Firecop
Coach

Re: More XFL Hires

Post by Firecop »

Well this is promising!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Gopher123 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:39 am https://www.xfl.com/xfl-announces-key-f ... ions-hires

More key hires as the league cranks back up! Some returning to the XFL and some new. Many look to have a lot of experience.
Positive news for XFL. Looks like they wanted something out in 2021 after USFL TV ads. Alot of people were still looking for jobs after XFL 2.0?

Let's see what they do next. Next 2 years looking to be alt-FB excitement!
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

If you want to read the tea leaves on who the new coaches for the league might be in 2023, you might want to start with former Buffalo Bills coaches - Whaley, Brandon, and now Jim Monos are all former Bills front office staff.
@gregmparks
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

4th&long wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:29 pmLooks like they wanted something out in 2021 after USFL TV ads.
Why is everything about the USFL with you?
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Isn't it natural to assume that various things the USFL does will have some degree of impact on the XFL? I would think that another alternative spring league, especially one lready with a broadcast deal, would potentially impact another league attempting to re-start. Many of us have been impatiently waiting for any news on the XFLand any and all environmental factors that affect it. Keep it up 4th&Long!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:50 pm
4th&long wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:29 pmLooks like they wanted something out in 2021 after USFL TV ads.
It's not, but XFL is clearly trying to stay in the news while USFL ramps up PR. It's common.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:50 pm
I mean one definitely affects the other. Like it or not the retro leagues are linked at the hip when brought up in the alt football community. Imo this is a more competent version of what we were supposed to get with AAF vs XFL
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

He's a USFL partisan. I don't know exactly why. It feels like it's a culture war thing though.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:31 pm He's a USFL partisan. I don't know exactly why. It feels like it's a culture war thing though.
Oh come on, XFL went essentially dormant for 2 years. I'm totally glad they are coming back and I have stated the Feb-March time frame - imo has higher potential for TV ratings thanks to weather. USFL targeting a deadzone in programming which makes sense but the TV ratings will likely be lower than Feb-March.

The USFL right now and since June has been more "real", XFL has delayed and delayed. Now that they appear to be gearing up things are looking up. Would still like to hear about their financing but they are under no obligation. The entire CFL push seemed like a hail mary.

As I've also said and I think we all agree next 2 years look insane interesting for spring FB !