XFL players in NFL 2021

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: XFL players in NFL 2021

Post by MGB01 »

Had JJ started that game against the Bengals, it would be his second start against them with a teammate named Lamar Jackson (as Jackson and Johnson were both on NYJ's practice squad)
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

JJ just threw a TD pass to Rashod Bateman to give the Ravens the lead in a gotta-have game
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

JJ pretty good today but has no running game and Burrow is shredding the D

Hard to believe the Ravens were 8-3 at one point and are now looking at having to win a week 18 game to get in

Injuries............
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:20 pm JJ pretty good today but has no running game and Burrow is shredding the D

Hard to believe the Ravens were 8-3 at one point and are now looking at having to win a week 18 game to get in

Injuries............
Part of it.

Also bad coaching...horrible late game calling by John Harbaugh - Ravens lost 2 games because of instead of going for the tie xtra point they went for 2 point cnoversion - STUPID.

Also Lamar's playing style is high risk. It caught up with him last year in playoffs and this year in reg season.
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

A very respectable showing for a guy that has only been in Baltimore for 10 days. Kind of the story for JJ though. A player or 2 will get healthy and start next week and then we won’t hear from him again until he puts in another good performance with a different team on a short turnaround. Who needs chemistry?
Logofan
Kicker

Post by Logofan »

Parham has been placed on IR after that scary concussion. I hope he's able to play again...I've never seen someone concussed go completely stiff like that.

Shame...he was having a really good year for the Bolts.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Logofan wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:04 pm Parham has been placed on IR after that scary concussion. I hope he's able to play again...I've never seen someone concussed go completely stiff like that.

You can blame Staley for not runningthe ball, also wasn't that a 4th and goal. Guy is a tool. Totally blew that game and Parpham injured.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:59 am
Logofan wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:04 pm Parham has been placed on IR after that scary concussion. I hope he's able to play again...I've never seen someone concussed go completely stiff like that.

You can blame Staley for not runningthe ball, also wasn't that a 4th and goal. Guy is a tool. Totally blew that game and Parpham injured.
IIRC it was fourth and goal from the 4, kick the damn ball

I'm reminded of a play I just saw earlier this week, where a falling Gary Danielsen put up the ultimate lame duck in a 1985 game, and Earnest Byner somehow caught it and ran for a TD. Marty Schottenheimer looked ready to cut him on the spot (a la Belichick/Bernie Kosar in 1993). Why? It should have been an easy pick-six.

Point? If dumb plays somehow work, then all the sudden you'll keep going to the well, and ultimately fall in. In the first KC game, Staley went for it on fourth and nine, and got a 12-yard Herbert to Mike Williams completion. Of course the circumstances then were slightly different (thus making it dumb): Shaky Tristan Vizcaino on a windy day in KC from over 50 vs a 22 yard Hopkins chip shot inside.

What if the Chargers fall to Denver and the Raiders and miss the playoffs entirely? A season-ending four-game slide that started cause you didn't play smart. Interestingly enough Anthony Lynn got ridden for not going in minus territory in roughly the same spot against the Chiefs last year. Maybe Staley was out to prove something, whatever it was ended up being something else entirely.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:52 pm
4th&long wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:59 am

IIRC it was fourth and goal from the 4, kick the damn ball

I'm reminded of a play I just saw earlier this week, where a falling Gary Danielsen put up the ultimate lame duck in a 1985 game, and Earnest Byner somehow caught it and ran for a TD. Marty Schottenheimer looked ready to cut him on the spot (a la Belichick/Bernie Kosar in 1993). Why? It should have been an easy pick-six.

Point? If dumb plays somehow work, then all the sudden you'll keep going to the well, and ultimately fall in. In the first KC game, Staley went for it on fourth and nine, and got a 12-yard Herbert to Mike Williams completion. Of course the circumstances then were slightly different (thus making it dumb): Shaky Tristan Vizcaino on a windy day in KC from over 50 vs a 22 yard Hopkins chip shot inside.

What if the Chargers fall to Denver and the Raiders and miss the playoffs entirely? A season-ending four-game slide that started cause you didn't play smart. Interestingly enough Anthony Lynn got ridden for not going in minus territory in roughly the same spot against the Chiefs last year. Maybe Staley was out to prove something, whatever it was ended up being something else entirely.
Absolutely! Could not agree more. Did you see his post game interview? What a tool!
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

I'm not the biggest Oliver Stone fan, but he must have had a die-hard research staff for Any Given Sunday, as that play (and a ton of other bad offense/even worse defense/SCORE! plays) obviously inspired the scene where Willie Beamen hotshots his way into the endzone and a less than impressed D'Amato's about ready to trade him back to San Diego for some sauna equipment.