XFL players in NFL 2021

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: Heinhicke wins again!

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:47 am Big win by Washington and Heinhicke over fading Seahawks who played poorly and coached poorly on O.
Why go there? I know the adage 'You're only as good as who you beat' obviously means nothing to our great sports media, but no reason to follow them down the rabbit hole.

Besides, with only division games left after the "Who screwed Gruden?" bowl, WFT could win the NFCE. But in that case, it'll be more about the Cowboys' issues/incoming failure than anything WFT does, and you know it will because you always get the tired 'I'm not taking away from their accomplishments' before whoever goes and does just that.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:44 pm
4th&long wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:47 am Big win by Washington and Heinhicke over fading Seahawks who played poorly and coached poorly on O.
Why go there? I know the adage 'You're only as good as who you beat' obviously means nothing to our great sports media, but no reason to follow them down the rabbit hole.

Besides, with only division games left after the "Who screwed Gruden?" bowl, WFT could win the NFCE. But in that case, it'll be more about the Cowboys' issues/incoming failure than anything WFT does, and you know it will because you always get the tired 'I'm not taking away from their accomplishments' before whoever goes and does just that.
I'm not fully following you there - But yeah, this is the "Who screwed Gruden" bowl and that might incentivize D Carr & co. Still think its scumbag Goodell
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:48 pm

I'm not fully following you there - But yeah, this is the "Who screwed Gruden" bowl and that might incentivize D Carr & co. Still think its scumbag Goodell
Simple, how big of a win can it be if the Seahawks are effectively already beaten (to be sure, Russell Wilson has morphed into 2010 Matt Hasselbeck, Carlos Dunlap looks all the sudden like the guy the Bengals sold off for about a quarter) going in? That's the danger of going down the "better story in the losing locker room" path, thus someone always prefaces it with the above "I'm not trying to take away from their win" and go from there.

So all I'm saying is that's what the media uses to devalue everything, no need to follow their lead.
Tank55
MVP

Re: XFL players in NFL 2021

Post by Tank55 »

No such thing as a bad win for the Fightin' Football Team.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:14 pm
4th&long wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:48 pm

Simple, how big of a win can it be if the Seahawks are effectively already beaten (to be sure, Russell Wilson has morphed into 2010 Matt Hasselbeck, Carlos Dunlap looks all the sudden like the guy the Bengals sold off for about a quarter) going in? That's the danger of going down the "better story in the losing locker room" path, thus someone always prefaces it with the above "I'm not trying to take away from their win" and go from there.

So all I'm saying is that's what the media uses to devalue everything, no need to follow their lead.
Oh I see. Well the Seahawks ARE fading, because if they played better they'd likely win as Wash can't seem to run either. When you control the ball for 41:30 and get 17 points they aren't all that right? Their D is keeping them in the game.

Wilson is looking awful and I'd expect he's outta there in 2022 along with his huge contract. Serves them right.
I do think Carol is a blowhard but is likely -2 or 3 best coach in league.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

I was hoping to see Bunmi Rotimi, but he was inactive.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Both C Jon Toth (WFT) and RB Austin Walter (Jets) were practice squad elevations today for the second week in a row (Toth was active but a DNP last week). WR Jeff Badet was also released from Vegas's practice squad.
@gregmparks
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

RB Jacques Patrick is signing with Carolina's practice squad.
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Godwin Igwebuike playing some smart ball, had a big first down (and got out of bounds) on the Lions' game-winning drive. 142 yards and a TD on 13 touches on the season.

Maybe Zorny could have mixed him in a few snaps in retrospect, although he was the starting SS so it wouldn't have been practical.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Jets officially signed RB Austin Walter to their active roster.
@gregmparks