XFL players in NFL preseason action

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

XFL players in NFL preseason action

Post by GregParks »

If you're still interested in following the exploits of former XFL players in the NFL, my latest XFL Board column has the list and where they fit in initial depth charts:

https://xflboard.com/news/where-xfl-pla ... th-charts/

Plus, I've been tracking their stats and game action through the preseason on my Twitter @gregmparks (you'll have to navigate through some wrestling Tweets for the stats. Apologies in advance).
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Re: XFL players in NFL preseason action

Post by 4th&long »

Hey Greg, do you know how many have also played in the TSL after the XFL season? either 2020 or 2021.

Thx
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

4th&long wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:50 pm Hey Greg, do you know how many have also played in the TSL after the XFL season? either 2020 or 2021.

Thx
Offhand, I don't know. I don't tend to track the TSL rosters as closely. I will say most of the players listed had been on or on-and-off NFL rosters since the close of the XFL, so my instinct would be only a few.
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:27 pm
4th&long wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:50 pm Hey Greg, do you know how many have also played in the TSL after the XFL season? either 2020 or 2021.

Thx
Offhand, I don't know. I don't tend to track the TSL rosters as closely. I will say most of the players listed had been on or on-and-off NFL rosters since the close of the XFL, so my instinct would be only a few.
Quick eyeball a couple I noticed, NE LS Brian Khoury - TSL Aviators 2020, WR Reece Horn - TSL Lineman 2021, DL Elijah Qualls LIneman. There may be more. But like u were saying many were on NFL PS or active roster, otherwise they've been out of football for 1.5 years almost. They'd need something to be fresh.

TSL WAS the alt league in spring 2021 and they have had quite a few signing. Hopefully some ex-XFL/TSL & AAF can get on active or PS NFL roster.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

NFL teams pared their preseason rosters to 85 today from 90. Among those former XFL players cut:

WR DeAndre Thompkins, GB (placed on IR, likely to be waived with an injury settlement at some point)
RB Austin Walter, NYJ
DT Walter Palmore, Sea
K Austin MacGinnis, LAR
WR Reece Horn, Cin
WR/TE De'Quan Hampton, TB
TE Gabe Holmes, Ten

Meanwhile, QB Jordan Ta'amu was signed by the Lions today.
@gregmparks
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

The cut-down to 80 was made today. Among those released with XFL ties:

QB Jordan Ta'amu, Det
DT Walter Palmore, Car
LS Brian Khoury, NE
WR Austin Proehl, LAC
LB Edmond Robinson, NYJ
QB Eric Dungey, Cin