Ep 1 The XFL Awakens

XFL Football discussion.
GrandAdmiralStyles
Rookie

Re: Ep 1 The XFL Awakens

Post by GrandAdmiralStyles »

I've seen a lot of people say San Antonio will be a XFL city but I haven't seen anyone make a case for it yet.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Re: Ep 1 The XFL Awakens

Post by XFL_FAN »

GrandAdmiralStyles wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:04 am I've seen a lot of people say San Antonio will be a XFL city but I haven't seen anyone make a case for it yet.
All I can think of is that San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the U.S. A few arena teams have been there but all have failed with poor attendance. There should be a team in Texas so why not Dallas?
Ready for the team reveals...again
Airdale
Kicker

Canton, Ohio

Post by Airdale »

When I became a member of the original XFL board I suggested ( for expansion ) having a team in Canton, Ohio at the Pro Football Hall of Fame stadium.
It was the right size for the product that was planned. Loud music in a more reasonable size setting . People did like it.
Also, another suggestion I had for the championship game location should be based on fan attendance per city.
If that was done, Orlando would have hosted the XFL Bowl instead of that giant Rose Bowl setting based on record.
Yes, people did show up for the XFL games in Orlando. Maybe the weather played a factor but if the game is to be given back to the fans this is just a suggestion.

The greatest attendance city should host.

jmo

Q Where will teams be located?
A The selection of cities will take place over the coming months, and a mix of major and mid-major markets in all regions of the U.S. are possibilities.

https://www.xfl.com/