Semi-OT: Tebow returns to football

XFL Football discussion.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Semi-OT: Tebow returns to football

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

...and it's an NFL team that takes the flyer on him, of all things.

Hasn't been on a regular season roster in nine years, but it's Urban Meyer signing him.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-expect ... -year-deal

Somewhere, Kaepernick is having a coronary.
Tank55
MVP

Re: Semi-OT: Tebow returns to football

Post by Tank55 »

Non-NFL teams would have taken fliers on him too; he wasn't interested. I wonder if he has any regrets about his decisions.

I can't imagine he'll be able to make the transition to H-back at his age, but I'm not rooting against him. The world is more interesting with Tebow playing football. Of course, I'm not a Jaguars fan.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Tank55 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:24 pm The world is more interesting with Tebow playing football. Of course, I'm not a Jaguars fan.
I am. This sucks.
@gregmparks
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Tank55 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:24 pm Non-NFL teams would have taken fliers on him too; he wasn't interested. I wonder if he has any regrets about his decisions.

I can't imagine he'll be able to make the transition to H-back at his age, but I'm not rooting against him. The world is more interesting with Tebow playing football. Of course, I'm not a Jaguars fan.
He wasn't interested then. But then again, there is that Urban Meyer connection, which didn't exist for anyone else who wanted his services at the time--plus he's done with baseball now as well. You can't help thinking that this is a unique situation that nobody else would have been able to pull off.

I doubt the guy makes it beyond the preseason, if that, but this is Tim Tebow we're talking about, and stranger things have happened.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

GregParks wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:45 pmI am. This sucks.
LOL. I remember when my favorite team hired a college coach and he started bringing in his old Gators. Just be grateful yours will be playing tight end and and not starting at quarterback like Danny Wuerffel.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion