Pederson: Breaking-CFL future and CFL/XFL

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Pederson: Breaking-CFL future and CFL/XFL

Post by 4th&long »

https://rodpedersen.com/10-weekend-things-35/

>> 5 – GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS: The good news is that there will be pro football in Canada because the CFL is not folding. The bad news is there’s a solid chance we may not see it again for awhile. Since Wednesday I’ve spoken with five solid sources whose stories on the CFL/XFL merger and 2021 season are all generally the same. One of their messages began with “You deserve to know truth” which I never questioned but I’m guessing it’s because we cover the CFL so closely and talk about it everyday on the RP Show. Talking to these sources and disseminating their information feels a whole lot like patching together a quilt. So here goes ..

6 – 2021: There seems to be three clear hurdles the CFL needs to clear to get onto the field this summer or fall – 1) Covid/Variant, which is self-explanatory, 2) Money. Will the Federal government step up with funding to play or to stay alive? Or will the owners “bite the bullet” themselves to foot the bill to play like former Commissioner Larry Smith suggested on TSN Montreal last week? and 3) Convincing the teams who DON’T want to play, otherwise. If there’s only one team dissenting, then that team is the Toronto Argonauts and MLSE. Remember last year the vote to play was 6-3 in favour, and yet the season was cancelled. Why would it be any different one year later? Read on ..

7 – THE BACKSTORY: One unimpeachable source told me the moment MLSE realized it’s impossible to turn a profit with the Argonauts (roughly two years ago), they immediately turned their attention to blowing up the CFL and making it a profit-making venture. At this point in the story you might want to research MLS ownership because it’s a big part of what’s going down. And this is huge. The vision is central ownership with shareholder-held franchises which has proven to ensure sustainability, then profitability.

Remember that source I quoted a year ago who said, “MLSE is running the CFL”? He told me yesterday that they’re simply a year further down that path and the pandemic, and folding of the XFL, have only expedited the plan. Everything is lining up more perfectly than they ever could’ve imagined.

8 – NFL TORONTO: There are other sources out of Toronto who’ve confirmed this and more. It’s a grand plan but I’m told the ultimate enchilada ends with an NFL team in Toronto, a converted Rogers Centre-to-NFL facility, the Blue Jays playing elsewhere downtown, and the CFL/XFL league existing as proof Canadians love football but aren’t a threat to NFL Toronto.

Dizzy yet? The central figure to this all is one Larry Tanenbaum who just happens to be the Chairman of MLSE, a 25% owner of the company, and the new best friend of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. Remember last week when Goodell said, “Canada is a very important market to us.”?

They’re hiding in plain sight. <<

There's more on their site....

I told you this was about killing the CFL so the big 3 in Canada could join the NFL (or 2 or 1)... People here said that's nutz but that's where the BIG MONEY IS.

Now all the CFL motivations makes sense, the small teams will get f##ked. And I also said beware of CFL getting killed for big money, granted its not RBC its MLSE but if they destroy the CFL it opens the door for Canadian NFL teams and that's worth the risk apparently for MLSE. Or at least its their dream... screw the CFL fans and CFL itself...

So either they go away or CFL is reworked in a major way.

And what about the XFL? Is their demise simply making MLSE's job easier or what? We need insight into what really motivates the XFL here.

At the very least we can pretty much assume its a 4down game if they go with and XFL/CFL merger.
Tank55
MVP

Re: Pederson: Breaking-CFL future and CFL/XFL

Post by Tank55 »

4th&long wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:08 amI told you this was about killing the CFL so the big 3 in Canada could join the NFL (or 2 or 1)... People here said that's nutz but that's where the BIG MONEY IS.
Saying that Tanenbaum aspires to own an NFL team in Toronto is pretty straightforward. Saying that all of this XFL/CFL business is happening with the purpose of killing the CFL for the sake of bringing an NFL team to Toronto remains pretty nutz.

And in fact, Pederson's report contradicts that. He says MLSE's vision is "the CFL/XFL league existing as proof Canadians love football but aren’t a threat to NFL Toronto." You're saying the plan is to kill the CFL, Pederson is reporting that MLSE is moving hell and earth to make the league sustainable, and you're telling us "I told you so." How does that track?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

You're right.....I AM dizzy!.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:21 am
4th&long wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:08 amI told you this was about killing the CFL so the big 3 in Canada could join the NFL (or 2 or 1)... People here said that's nutz but that's where the BIG MONEY IS.
Saying that Tanenbaum aspires to own an NFL team in Toronto is pretty straightforward. Saying that all of this XFL/CFL business is happening with the purpose of killing the CFL for the sake of bringing an NFL team to Toronto remains pretty nutz.

And in fact, Pederson's report contradicts that. He says MLSE's vision is "the CFL/XFL league existing as proof Canadians love football but aren’t a threat to NFL Toronto." You're saying the plan is to kill the CFL, Pederson is reporting that MLSE is moving hell and earth to make the league sustainable, and you're telling us "I told you so." How does that track?
You are taking me too literally. Killing the CFL as a 3 down game, and opening up Canada to NFL. That's in essence puting the CFL to rest - at least in the fall.

The point is their ultimate goal is NFL Toronto, the truth is starting to come out. AT least on the CFL side
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

4th&long wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:50 pmYou are taking me too literally.
Clearly. Jesus Christ. What's even the point of reading your posts if you won't stand by them? This is a message board. WTF.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:03 pm
4th&long wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:50 pmYou are taking me too literally.
Clearly. Jesus Christ. What's even the point of reading your posts if you won't stand by them? This is a message board. WTF.
Come on man it was just Easter! You know what I meant. :ugeek: