Rumored details revealed on cfl/xfl merger

XFL Football discussion.
PolarBear
Receiver

Post by PolarBear »

** Updated Post is below initial post. Thank you**

I am likely going to be adding extremely important information to all the XFL/CFL merger hype today or tomorrow!

I wanted to get this out NOW (or even yesterday) in case any information was released prior. I don't want to be a I told you so but I would likely be able to add to the information and this way credible information could be added to the discussion.

Before I reveal the details I am just checking over all my sources and want to confirm what I believe is factual information coming from both the XFL/CFL.

Check back later on Friday!

The following information has been confirmed by my sources. I wanted to make sure I can confirm the details prior to me revealing the information to the board members. The following information is what details I can share about the ongoing discussions involving the CFL and XFL

* ST. LOUIS & SEATTLE*
One of the details the XFL have been working on is puting together the list of markets for the CFL BOG to review within a partnership. I can confirm there has been (2) confirmed markets that XFL have tentative agreements involving the facility and other priorities needed to host a franchise. Seattle and St. Louis are officially on board.

*4 Cities on watch list*
Now not official. However I can confirm that there are 4 cities the XFL have been working on to build franchises. I can confirm Oakland/San jose, San Diego, Hampton Roads, San Antonio are all on priority list to host franchises.

Details given to me that San Diego franchise would play at the newly built Football stadium. Oakland/San jose are working on agreement with the city of Oakland and could partnership with the A's to play at their new downtown stadium. San Jose is on the list as a secondary market if the Oakland deal falls through. It is more likely Oakland is the franchise home. San Antonio is a very interesting possibility. It's a sports town we know but one issue I have been told is the stadium. This franchise could very well be playing at the Alamo Dome until the newly formed league finds investors to work with the city on their new downtown stadium. Hampton Roads is the market I have been told might be a staple franchise for the league. I have been told a deal is already in the works if the league gets off the ground and can prove it's worth Virginia Beach/Norfolk will build a new stadium. Private discussions have been ongoing since early '21 and the community could announce the major project following the covid pandemic.

*BIG NEWS on LEAGUE RULES*
One of the major stumbling block for the CFL is the integrity/legacy/respect for 3 down Football and all of their innovations for the game of Football. I can't confirm what exactly the plans are for crossing over the rules but 1 major rule might actually revolutionize sports in North America.

The details I have been told is a Ratio rule that has been in discussion for the longest time and was told that this could be the ruling that makes/breaks the merger. As many XFL fans know the CFL has a ratio rule stating each roster has to have certain # of Nationals on the roster and must start/play 7 Nationals for the entirety of the game.

The new merger RATIO RULE would be a TERRITORY RULE stating you must have a certain # of players on the roster from your territory.

How I was explained this rule is the following ---- Hampton Roads plays in Virginia. You must have example 20 players on the Hampton Roads Football Team that either played for an amateur Football team (D1, D2, D3,etc) or resided in the territory of rule. Example ( Player grew up in Richmond, VA played HS Football in that state but left to attend Florida State for D1 Football. There are no teams in state of Football so he must designate as a TERRITORY RATIO player)

This new rule would be a fantastic way to support your local Football programs and players at a professional level and would grow the sport in franchise locations. This would also maintain player development in Canada and in the future assist the CFL/XFL league as a true community Football league.

Last edited by PolarBear on Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: BREAKING NEWS! report on actual plans of merger details coming

Post by MarkNelson »

Can you also reveal who has been doing the talking? Who is involved in the conversation?
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Well somebody's reading the front page articles.............
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Breaking News?

There's no news here.
PolarBear
Receiver

Post by PolarBear »

Most likely this evening or slight chance late afternoon I will be able to share and discuss with everyone!
PolarBear
Receiver

Post by PolarBear »

Happy Easter everyone! I've been away with family over the Easter holiday. I have been able to confirm and review the details that were given to me. The following is the current state of the CFL/XFL merger. I can also state that the XFL name could be retired. I have been hearing the XFL name will not be used as a merger however I have not been able to satisfy my requirements to confirm.

* ST. LOUIS & SEATTLE*
One of the details the XFL have been working on is puting together the list of markets for the CFL BOG to review within a partnership. I can confirm there has been (2) confirmed markets that XFL have tentative agreements involving the facility and other priorities needed to host a franchise. Seattle and St. Louis are officially on board.

*4 Cities on watch list*
Now not official. However I can confirm that there are 4 cities the XFL have been working on to build franchises. I can confirm Oakland/San jose, San Diego, Hampton Roads, San Antonio are all on priority list to host franchises.

Details given to me that San Diego franchise would play at the newly built Football stadium. Oakland/San jose are working on agreement with the city of Oakland and could partnership with the A's to play at their new downtown stadium. San Jose is on the list as a secondary market if the Oakland deal falls through. It is more likely Oakland is the franchise home. San Antonio is a very interesting possibility. It's a sports town we know but one issue I have been told is the stadium. This franchise could very well be playing at the Alamo Dome until the newly formed league finds investors to work with the city on their new downtown stadium. Hampton Roads is the market I have been told might be a staple franchise for the league. I have been told a deal is already in the works if the league gets off the ground and can prove it's worth Virginia Beach/Norfolk will build a new stadium. Private discussions have been ongoing since early '21 and the community could announce the major project following the covid pandemic.

*BIG NEWS on LEAGUE RULES*
One of the major stumbling block for the CFL is the integrity/legacy/respect for 3 down Football and all of their innovations for the game of Football. I can't confirm what exactly the plans are for crossing over the rules but 1 major rule might actually revolutionize sports in North America.

The details I have been told is a Ratio rule that has been in discussion for the longest time and was told that this could be the ruling that makes/breaks the merger. As many XFL fans know the CFL has a ratio rule stating each roster has to have certain # of Nationals on the roster and must start/play 7 Nationals for the entirety of the game.

The new merger RATIO RULE would be a TERRITORY RULE stating you must have a certain # of players on the roster from your territory.

How I was explained this rule is the following ---- Hampton Roads plays in Virginia. You must have example 20 players on the Hampton Roads Football Team that either played for an amateur Football team (D1, D2, D3,etc) or resided in the territory of rule. Example ( Player grew up in Richmond, VA played HS Football in that state but left to attend Florida State for D1 Football. There are no teams in state of Football so he must designate as a TERRITORY RATIO player)

This new rule would be a fantastic way to support your local Football programs and players at a professional level and would grow the sport in franchise locations. This would also maintain player development in Canada and in the future assist the CFL/XFL league as a true community Football league.
PolarBear
Receiver

Post by PolarBear »

I also would like to add that there could be news involving Hampton Roads in the coming month or two about a downtown sports facility. As many know. Hampton Roads was once the leading spot for a NHL Franchise. Hampton Roads Rhinos. The deal fell through last minute and the Hartford Whalers ended up moving to Carolina. They tried a 2nd time and were in the finals for expansion list. Was told the NHL bog wanted badly to get into this market as they are a great hockey community but just as important for the CFL/XFL is they are a fantastic Football community and is one of the largest communities in the U.S.A without a major pro league.

I was told a 33k seat facility was in the plans in 2019 and it could have been built per source if they received the sponsorship deal (that broke off talks due to a deal involving a Sports Team fell through. Possibly AHL) and of course pandemic hurt the 2nd wave attempt.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Without necessarily naming SPECIFIC names, can you at least give us some general idea of where these source are coming from i.e. CFL, XFL. RBC etc?
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Firecop, this is fan fiction. And it was fine enough until the part about Hampton Roads being a league centerpiece.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
PolarBear
Receiver

Post by PolarBear »

Firecop wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:40 pm Without necessarily naming SPECIFIC names, can you at least give us some general idea of where these source are coming from i.e. CFL, XFL. RBC etc?

I was informed by my close associates from the CFL. My work following was contacting others close to the CFL and investors.

I wasn't going to get into it too much but I was told the CFL is good to go for the 2021 season. They just do not know about the start date but they are 100% playing Football no matter what.

I was also informed that the XFL partnership could get interesting if new investors join them for franchise ownership. But this isn't something I can confirm at this point.