Rumored details revealed on cfl/xfl merger

XFL Football discussion.
Tank55
MVP

Re: Rumored details revealed on cfl/xfl merger

Post by Tank55 »

I mean, that was the Andrew Luck/Robert Griffin draft. You expect anyone to buy what you're selling on the future when you're butchering the past so blatantly?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

If RW was the first QB on many teams' boards, how was Seattle able to pick him up in the 3rd round????
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
PolarBear
Receiver

Post by PolarBear »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:34 pm
PolarBear wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:51 pmReading and understanding is hard for you? lol
Yeah, sometimes. For example, when I'm reading a sentence like "Don Matthews is credited to be the first coach professionally to run a style of defense", I do have a hard time understanding.
PolarBear wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:51 pmBut anyways. Russell Wilson was the first QB on many teams boards.
Please provide a citation. While you're at it, feel free to cite your source for Calvillo turning down the Steelers' QB1 job.

what is hard to understand about Don Matthews? He created a defense that was specialized at the University of Arizona Desert Swarm. He was instrumental teaching the fundamentals to Bill Belichek and Nick Saban in the '80s.

He was the first pro-coach to implement it while in the CFL.

Now you know!
PolarBear
Receiver

Post by PolarBear »

Firecop wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:46 pm If RW was the first QB on many teams' boards, how was Seattle able to pick him up in the 3rd round????
Same reason why Randy Moss was the first WR on draft boards but he fell to late 1st round. Teams don't draft the board all the time and most times they draft need over ranking.

I mean if we are going to have to educate everyone on this board about the game of Football then we should steer them to Football school. I'm not here to educate. If you do not know, you will never know, because you just do not know.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This thread is now far off the original topic. It is closed.