3downnation: Former TSN reporter believes CFL and XFL are ‘talking about a full blown merger’

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: 3downnation: Former TSN reporter believes CFL and XFL are ‘talking about a full blown merger’

Post by MGB01 »

PolarBear wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:42 pm I know Gary very well. He is currently working with the Vegas Golden Knights. He does have connections but I will tell you this. HE IS USUALLY WRONG when he gives his personal opinion.

HE IS ALWAYS WRONG lol

This goes back to his argument with Winnipeg Sports fans about naming the Winnipeg hockey franchise '' THE JETS'' again in 2011.

This goes back to the hiring/firing of Blue Bombers or Jets coaches.

ETC ETC ETC
He could be Gary42 that used to post on Arenafan about whatever small town with an arena should be next when they bring the AFL back (4th'll get the reference)😁
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Re: 3downnation: Former TSN reporter believes CFL and XFL are ‘talking about a full blown merger’

Post by Coffeeeyes »

Gary hasn't had a CFL insider or source in five years. He's just spitballing and hoping it sticks.
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

And on the topic of the XFL playing 2021 while only having three months to organize it all. There's a lot of hopeful minds out there on other forums hoping another spring league start up, the MLFB, is going to play in June with only three months to set it up. :lol:

Sometimes we blind ourselves with hope.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Coffeeeyes wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:02 pm And on the topic of the XFL playing 2021 while only having three months to organize it all. There's a lot of hopeful minds out there on other forums hoping another spring league start up, the MLFB, is going to play in June with only three months to set it up. :lol:

Sometimes we blind ourselves with hope.
3 months ? hell no

they bought the league in August. XFL had a bubble plan, my hybrid bubble plan was even simplier.

Hey why invest $30-40 million to keep the league relevant. FB doesnt get big tv money anyway...

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2021/0 ... uper-bowl/

<<According to Sports Business Journal, the media deals will add up to $10 billion per year, for a total of $110 billion over the life of the deal.<<

#XFLNOBALZ

XFLNewsHub's Josh Davis...

>> Josh Davis@davisjosh20
Replying to @XFLNewsHub
I just don't think the league can afford to miss a 2nd season.
1:29 PM · Mar 18, 2021 <<

https://twitter.com/davisjosh20/status/ ... 0133593093

Exactly - 100% agreed.