Report - CFL to start season mid-July 99%

XFL Football discussion.
PolarBear
Receiver

Report - CFL to start season mid-July 99%

Post by PolarBear »

The league has held numerous of update meetings with Health/Gov't Officials.

Was informed that the league has not been told a 100% but they believe its extremely likely the government will not be making any changes to outdoor local gatherings until as early as Canada Day (July 1st)

Statistically majority of the population in Canada will be vaccinated by end of May (Or those who at least want to get vaccinated) And Gov't officials believe by end of July the roll-out will be complete and become more of a local authority operation.

The CFL is almost 100% certain they will post-pone training camp/mini-camp and the 1st month of the season and play a 14 game season starting mid-july or a 12 game season beginning August long weekend.

Fans will be allowed to enter throughout the summer likely at 40-50% capacity and once the CFL rivalry games start on Labour Day almost 100% capacity will be allowed which would be on level with the NFL expecations.
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Re: Report - CFL to start season mid-July 99%

Post by FootballYoda »

Thanks PB. I hope you are right, for the sake of fans, players and all.now can we get the XFL back?
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

All seems to be possible. This is welcome news if it comes true.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
KJE
Running Back

Post by KJE »

4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

I LIKE IT. Seeing this at various levels across the league. The XFL talks have gotten the governments attention. The league is taking this cue and pushing back. Its time to drop fear and open up. Start at X % and increase every few weeks.
PolarBear
Receiver

Post by PolarBear »

4th&long wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:13 pm
I LIKE IT. Seeing this at various levels across the league. The XFL talks have gotten the governments attention. The league is taking this cue and pushing back. Its time to drop fear and open up. Start at X % and increase every few weeks.
Not to get too political but the Canadian government has been horrible throughout the entire covid run. Health officials are a complete joke. They have no clue what they are doing.

So they cancelled Christmas. They are now charging $2,000 a person to reenter Canada. They refuse to open up sports arenas. They allowed over 300,000 immigrants/refugees/international students/Government officials from Asia/England/India,Russia,etc to enter Canada.

They give millions and millions and millions and millions to corporations for wage subsidy to fire them all and use the money to reinvest into 5G lol. You can't make it up.

Canada will be a 3rd world country with no $$ for medical, roads, education, pension,etc. People think its a joke but Canada will be in Billions and Billions of unrepairable debt.

The question is do you want to go down with the ship? If Canada government says no to fans in buildings even for NHL playoffs I say sue them and tell them to screw off and just do it anyways.
KJE
Running Back

Post by KJE »

PolarBear wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:55 pm
Not to get too political but the Canadian government has been horrible throughout the entire covid run. Health officials are a complete joke. They have no clue what they are doing.

So they cancelled Christmas. They are now charging $2,000 a person to reenter Canada. They refuse to open up sports arenas. They allowed over 300,000 immigrants/refugees/international students/Government officials from Asia/England/India,Russia,etc to enter Canada.

They give millions and millions and millions and millions to corporations for wage subsidy to fire them all and use the money to reinvest into 5G lol. You can't make it up.

Canada will be a 3rd world country with no $$ for medical, roads, education, pension,etc. People think its a joke but Canada will be in Billions and Billions of unrepairable debt.

The question is do you want to go down with the ship? If Canada government says no to fans in buildings even for NHL playoffs I say sue them and tell them to screw off and just do it anyways.
Canadian government doesn't determine if people are allowed in the buildings.
KJE
Running Back

Post by KJE »

This has nothing to do with the XFL. This has to be done for this season and would be happening with or without the XFL negotiations.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

KJE wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:19 pm
This has nothing to do with the XFL. This has to be done for this season and would be happening with or without the XFL negotiations.
The XFL TALKS have just raised awareness for the need was my point, otherwise agreed.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

KJE wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:19 pm

The CFL is using the precedent of the Canadian government getting involved when John Bassett tried to bring the WFL to Toronto in the mid-70s, only this time using it for leverage instead of a protection plea. So yes XFL involvement is part of it.