June Jones Talks XFL Relaunch

XFL Football discussion.
laxtreme56
Coach

June Jones Talks XFL Relaunch

Post by laxtreme56 »

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/xfl-coac ... 68L02ssClI

June Jones is ready to come back to the XFL and has been in discussions with The Rock and his people. As expected, that pesky bankruptcy is holding things up a bit.

"I think they are still dealing with the bankruptcy, I think, so there’s some unfinished business there, and until they get all that done I don’t know when they can get started," Jones said. "I know last year I was the last coach that was hired and I was hired June 1, but they hired pretty much all the coaches and GM’s in March and April. So if they’re going to use that same formula, we’re cooking up on that now. So hopefully we’re gonna know something soon."

As I've mentioned countless times, you can't just snap your fingers and expect things to go back to normal. Will Progressive still be a title sponsor when they are potentially still owed tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars? Players won't be hard to come by, but if you put too many no-names on the field will the fans tune in? In my opinion I'd forego a February launch and wait til the first week of April. No more sub 30 degree games in NY or DC in February. You can wrap up the season by mid-late June or if they were really ambitious hold the championship on 4th of July weekend.
4th&long
MVP

Re: June Jones Talks XFL Relaunch

Post by 4th&long »

laxtreme56 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:05 am https://www.foxnews.com/sports/xfl-coac ... 68L02ssClI

June Jones is ready to come back to the XFL and has been in discussions with The Rock and his people. As expected, that pesky bankruptcy is holding things up a bit.

"I think they are still dealing with the bankruptcy, I think, so there’s some unfinished business there, and until they get all that done I don’t know when they can get started," Jones said. "I know last year I was the last coach that was hired and I was hired June 1, but they hired pretty much all the coaches and GM’s in March and April. So if they’re going to use that same formula, we’re cooking up on that now. So hopefully we’re gonna know something soon."

As I've mentioned countless times, you can't just snap your fingers and expect things to go back to normal. Will Progressive still be a title sponsor when they are potentially still owed tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars? Players won't be hard to come by, but if you put too many no-names on the field will the fans tune in? In my opinion I'd forego a February launch and wait til the first week of April. No more sub 30 degree games in NY or DC in February. You can wrap up the season by mid-late June or if they were really ambitious hold the championship on 4th of July weekend.
This story gives more hope than the CFL story talk...