When do we know more?

XFL Football discussion.
Loogan
Kicker

When do we know more?

Post by Loogan »

I stopped back in here to find out details of the XFL next season. Where is the news? I know this site doesn’t make the rules, but what has anyone heard?
4th&long
MVP

Re: When do we know more?

Post by 4th&long »

Loogan wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:57 am I stopped back in here to find out details of the XFL next season. Where is the news? I know this site doesn’t make the rules, but what has anyone heard?
There is no news... Its radio silence. Gives you that warm fuzzy doesn't it?

Apparently the small XFL staff will take questions but not on the 2022 season. I'm not sure what questions they are taking. That's from another thread on this board.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I am going to give it a few more months before I declare this league dead. I give it by Mid May.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

The official plan is for the league to play next year. That official message is from last October. Since then there has not been any update on football operations.

I personally haven’t declared it dead. But, I wonder, if it isn’t dead why aren’t there any messages from the league. They are there! Off the record they say it’s happening. But, with nothing official to say since October, it does not bode well.

If the league is upset that fans have written it off, it’s the leagues own fault. They could be giving out regular, positive info. They are smart, and they know this. But they are silent. Read between the lines.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:16 pm I am going to give it a few more months before I declare this league dead. I give it by Mid May.
Well one thing for sure is that Covid virus should be way down and sports team nationally will be at least partial capcity and many states full capacity. Meaning Covid isn't the issue.

That bodes well for NHL and NBA playoffs and MLB season.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I think that many of us just assumed that the league would pretty much take back up from where it left off, but it is obviously not to be. I can't help but wonder if the new owners thought the same too... Personnel have moved on, fans have moved on, and the sports world has pretty much moved on - the XFL, not so much. I can't help but wonder if the new ownership badly miscalculated the sports and football landscape and its costs. They have absolutely FAILED at fan engagement which was to be a hallmark of XFL 3.0.I would go so far as to say that their inability to keep fans, especially the diehards , engaged now verges on alienation. They talked a good game and showed us nothing.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Rangersking669
Running Back

Post by Rangersking669 »

4th&long wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:57 pm
GDAWG wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:16 pm I am going to give it a few more months before I declare this league dead. I give it by Mid May.
Well one thing for sure is that Covid virus should be way down and sports team nationally will be at least partial capcity and many states full capacity. Meaning Covid isn't the issue.

If stadiums do open full capacity at that time, they will soon have to go back down from it after outbreaks occur
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

The NBA and NHL have set rules for attendance this year and those teams will follow it regardless of whether or not states allow fans into the stands.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:09 pm

The NBA and NHL have set rules for attendance this year and those teams will follow it regardless of whether or not states allow fans into the stands.
Money talks and if the perception is its clear they will open up May 15th is over 2 months away. Rules like that can be changed on a dime.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Rangersking669 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:50 am

If stadiums do open full capacity at that time, they will soon have to go back down from it after outbreaks occur
And if they don't? Bottomline its not driving XFL decisions anymore
Last edited by 4th&long on Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.