So Robert Griffin III Just Got Cut

XFL Football discussion.
Rangersking669
Running Back

So Robert Griffin III Just Got Cut

Post by Rangersking669 »

What are the odds he ends up in the XFL? 10%? Would you want him? I think he's irresistible
GDAWG
MVP

Re: So Robert Griffin III Just Got Cut

Post by GDAWG »

Rangersking669 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:58 pm What are the odds he ends up in the XFL? 10%? Would you want him? I think he's irresistible
Just because he's a free agent doesn't mean he would want to play in the XFL. He'll want to go somewhere to compete for a starting job probably because he may need to prove something. Not every QB who is a free agent in the NFL will want to go to the XFL.
Rangersking669
Running Back

Post by Rangersking669 »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:22 pm
Rangersking669 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:58 pm What are the odds he ends up in the XFL? 10%? Would you want him? I think he's irresistible
Just because he's a free agent doesn't mean he would want to play in the XFL. He'll want to go somewhere to compete for a starting job probably because he may need to prove something. Not every QB who is a free agent in the NFL will want to go to the XFL.
RG3 isn't competing for a starting job literally anywhere unless a huge reversal of fortune occurs. He might not even make an NFL roster when it's all said and done, he's turning 31 soon and he just got cut from his backup spot. We'll see what kind of looks he gets
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Rangersking669 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:41 am
RG3 isn't competing for a starting job literally anywhere unless a huge reversal of fortune occurs. He might not even make an NFL roster when it's all said and done, he's turning 31 soon and he just got cut from his backup spot. We'll see what kind of looks he gets
He may just choose to retire. I'm sure ESPN can use another ex-NFL player who will say something outrageous about the NFL.
Rangersking669
Running Back

Post by Rangersking669 »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:59 am

He may just choose to retire. I'm sure ESPN can use another ex-NFL player who will say something outrageous about the NFL.
Doesn't really seem like RG3's character
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Yes, I'd want him in the league. I'd welcome him on the Defenders. He's still fun to watch. I don't think you can count on him staying healthy for 10-12 games, so you would need a viable backup. No idea if he would be interested, but it's worth the phone call to his agent, certainly.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Rangersking669 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:40 am
GDAWG wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:59 am
Doesn't really seem like RG3's character
Then if he works for ESPN, he can do college football. The college football guys usually don't say anything outrageous.
Hollowj
Linebacker

Post by Hollowj »

Well not every QB wants to sit at home in the couch waiting for a phone call from the NFL while they can just go to the XFL for extra money and showing the 32 teams you still have the skills to play
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Hollowj wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:32 pm
Well not every QB wants to sit at home in the couch waiting for a phone call from the NFL while they can just go to the XFL for extra money and showing the 32 teams you still have the skills to play
He can also make money working as a TV guy. Fox does need a replacement for Urban Meyer for their College Football Broadcasts.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

Endorsements. In the XFL RG3s brand, endorsement.
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.