MGB01
MVP

Re: Potential XFL Head Coaches for 2022- Help Me Toss Some Names In A Hat Here

Post by MGB01 »

Rangersking669 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:12 pm
GDAWG wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:11 pm
Rangersking669 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:10 pm
The only "link" is that he was on the re imagination committee
Sure. He did recently interview for the Houston Texans though.
Oh wow. I thought you said XFL and now I feel bad. Happy he might finally be an NFL coach again though Eric Bienemy deserves a job
And he'll probably land the Texans gig after the Super Bowl.

Which BTW is a rule (no hires while still active) I support. One needs only to look at college to see how stupid it is having a guy bail a week before their bowl game.

You can always tell one thing about those who bitch about the rule (uh Mike Florio that's you), they have no idea/interest as to why it was put in in the first place.
Rangersking669
Running Back

Post by Rangersking669 »

MGB01 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:24 pm

Oh wow. I thought you said XFL and now I feel bad. Happy he might finally be an NFL coach again though Eric Bienemy deserves a job

Which BTW is a rule (no hires while still active) I support. One needs only to look at college to see how stupid it is having a guy bail a week before their bowl game.

You can always tell one thing about those who bitch about the rule (uh Mike Florio that's you), they have no idea/interest as to why it was put in in the first place.
It's a fair enough rule. I'd be curious to see if the XFL goes after say a Darren Perry also or a Todd Haley. Haley more so
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Rangersking669 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:33 pm
MGB01 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:24 pm

It's a fair enough rule. I'd be curious to see if the XFL goes after say a Darren Perry also or a Todd Haley. Haley more so
Haley is said to be an a-hole as a coach. Whether or not his time as a high school coach has humbled him remains to be seen.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Rangersking669 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:10 pm
The only "link" is that he was on the re imagination committee
I don't think Bienemy is "a man of faith" that Jack Easterby wants as a coach. Easterby wants "men of faith" to work for him....or his friends from New England.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Rangersking669 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:51 am Isaac Bruce was also a weird hypetrain but at least Johnathan Hayes played for a team in the area with KC not being too far. Like, just a shred of familiarity with a team nearby helps. Same goes for Billick in DC especially given his track record of success
It's five hours by car from St. Louis to Kansas City. If that's not too far, what is?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Rangersking669
Running Back

Post by Rangersking669 »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:51 pm
Rangersking669 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:51 am Isaac Bruce was also a weird hypetrain but at least Johnathan Hayes played for a team in the area with KC not being too far. Like, just a shred of familiarity with a team nearby helps. Same goes for Billick in DC especially given his track record of success
It's five hours by car from St. Louis to Kansas City. If that's not too far, what is?
Actually, it's 3 hours 40 min, and hayes played there before there ever were the St. Louis Rams and mostly after the Cardinals had left
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Whatever. Just tell me how you are defining "nearby".
Rangersking669
Running Back

Post by Rangersking669 »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:56 pm Whatever. Just tell me how you are defining "nearby".
It depends on the circumstances lol. If a market didn't have a team for multiple seasons plus is known to have fans residing in that market that support a further team in droves, as there are many Chiefs fans in St. Louis now due to their success, then it's a bit more nearby because he's more culturally relevant. It would be like hiring an ex Cowboys coach in San Antonio if you could find one who had a decent rep during his tenure in Dallas
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

OK. So for a market like DC, that has and loves its own NFL team, why would a former coach from a a smaller market up the road qualify?
Rangersking669
Running Back

Post by Rangersking669 »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:03 pm OK. So for a market like DC, that has and loves its own NFL team, why would a former coach from a a smaller market up the road qualify?
I'm not sure Baltimore is really considered a smaller market when it's in the same CSA. That's like comparing San Jose to San Francisco. Not to mention the WFT has been such a notorious disaster that bringing in a name from a more successful organization might actually inspire hope