June Jones to return to XFL in 2022...maybe

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
Coach
Posts: 871
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Re: June Jones to return to XFL in 2022...maybe

Post by MGB01 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:43 pm

    GDAWG wrote:
    Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:58 pm
    MGB01 wrote:
    Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:35 pm
    GDAWG wrote:
    Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:55 pm


    There are other outdoor spring leagues like the Freedom Football League, American Patriot League and Major League Football who plan to start up regardless of the actions of the XFL.

    Except MLF (uh huh huh huh huh) has already burned out. They were supposed to be a thing a few years ago--had a draft, a minor TV deal, badly photoshopped Dick Vitale and Duke Riley "endorsements", etc...........But here's the thing: no local leases/infrastructure/even awareness, and ultimately it all came down cause they lost $20 million in funding. If Luck said 150 mil would get the XFL to the 20, well what is 20 mil then, out of your own endzone?

    Put them down as a hard L
    There was an update on MLF two months ago:

    https://pigskinnut.com/xfl-decision-to- ... -the-mlfb/
    I realize that, but less than six months from go time and all they really have are a bunch of SEC (not the one people are interested in either) documents saying HEY LOOK WE'RE REAL.

    Not real inspiring.

    User avatar
    johnnyangryfuzzball
    Coach
    Posts: 848
    Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:22 pm

    Re: June Jones to return to XFL in 2022...maybe

    Post by johnnyangryfuzzball » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:23 pm

    GDAWG wrote:
    Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:55 pm
    4th&long wrote:
    Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:30 pm
    GregParks wrote:
    Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:32 pm
    I think everybody on this board would LOVE more news coming out from the league. There's no doubt about that. I just disagree on the level of damage being done by NOT releasing a steady stream of info 14 months away from kickoff.

    We had this same debate when XFL 2.0 relaunched, only they had a full two years lead time. Lots of time went by when the news landscape was barren, and that didn't seem to have any affect on the viewership once it ultimately kicked off.

    The hardcores, like us who post on this board, are probably the ones to be least affected by the lack of news - if we're this deep into our interest of the product, we're likely going to watch anyway. And it really doesn't matter to the casual fan 14 months out who the XFL hires as their executive vice president of yada yada yada. I'm confident that once there is actual news to report that would be of interest to the wider audience, like coaching hires and decisions to bring back franchises, that news will be released. I guess when the league "should" decide on those things is what's really up for debate.
    My point was that if the XFL is nothing more than a paper tiger... i prefer they call it a day earlier than later... because based on XFL 2.0 performance and to a lesser extent AAF's, someone else will be looking to launch a league.

    Yes DG has stated that no hiring until June 2021, so with that in place they are just buying time to get a paying TV deal. In the absence of one XFL 3.0 is just another league looking for funding. I hope they can make it happen, bail early or sell.
    There are other outdoor spring leagues like the Freedom Football League, American Patriot League and Major League Football who plan to start up regardless of the actions of the XFL.
    Yeah, and most won't make it to opening kickoff. Consider: Marshawn Lynch has gone from the Freedom league, to the IFL, to Fan Controlled Football.

    The only thing Garcia and Johnson have to their benefit is an established brand. They will still need money, and lots of it.

    GDAWG
    Head Coach
    Posts: 1078
    Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

    Re: June Jones to return to XFL in 2022...maybe

    Post by GDAWG » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:00 am

    Major League Football announced this today:

    http://investingbulletin.com/2020/12/ma ... dquarters/

    MGB01
    Coach
    Posts: 871
    Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 pm

    Re: June Jones to return to XFL in 2022...maybe

    Post by MGB01 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:39 am

    GDAWG wrote:
    Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:00 am
    Major League Football announced this today:

    http://investingbulletin.com/2020/12/ma ... dquarters/
    Somebody reads this bo-oard😁👓

    Unfortunately, I hope this doesn't mean people saw BYU and CCU put a game together in days (under very unique circumstances) and got the idea that you can start (or I guess revive, technically, here) a league in four months.

    GDAWG
    Head Coach
    Posts: 1078
    Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

    Re: June Jones to return to XFL in 2022...maybe

    Post by GDAWG » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:06 am

    The Freedom Football League has already made a few changes:

    The league renames the Birmingham Kings to the Alabama Airmen.

    A couple of other teams have been renamed, too... the Austin Revolution is now the Texas Revolution, and the Portland Progress is now the Portland Power.

    Also, it appears they have dropped the teams in Oklahoma City and Connecticut.

    User avatar
    johnnyangryfuzzball
    Coach
    Posts: 848
    Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:22 pm

    Re: June Jones to return to XFL in 2022...maybe

    Post by johnnyangryfuzzball » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:14 pm

    GDAWG wrote:
    Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:06 am
    The Freedom Football League has already made a few changes:

    The league renames the Birmingham Kings to the Alabama Airmen.

    A couple of other teams have been renamed, too... the Austin Revolution is now the Texas Revolution, and the Portland Progress is now the Portland Power.

    Also, it appears they have dropped the teams in Oklahoma City and Connecticut.
    Do they still claim the Oakland Panthers?

    GDAWG
    Head Coach
    Posts: 1078
    Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

    Re: June Jones to return to XFL in 2022...maybe

    Post by GDAWG » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:30 pm

    johnnyangryfuzzball wrote:
    Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:14 pm
    GDAWG wrote:
    Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:06 am
    The Freedom Football League has already made a few changes:

    The league renames the Birmingham Kings to the Alabama Airmen.

    A couple of other teams have been renamed, too... the Austin Revolution is now the Texas Revolution, and the Portland Progress is now the Portland Power.

    Also, it appears they have dropped the teams in Oklahoma City and Connecticut.
    Do they still claim the Oakland Panthers?
    Yes

    User avatar
    johnnyangryfuzzball
    Coach
    Posts: 848
    Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:22 pm

    Re: June Jones to return to XFL in 2022...maybe

    Post by johnnyangryfuzzball » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:25 pm

    GDAWG wrote:
    Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:30 pm
    johnnyangryfuzzball wrote:
    Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:14 pm
    GDAWG wrote:
    Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:06 am
    The Freedom Football League has already made a few changes:

    The league renames the Birmingham Kings to the Alabama Airmen.

    A couple of other teams have been renamed, too... the Austin Revolution is now the Texas Revolution, and the Portland Progress is now the Portland Power.

    Also, it appears they have dropped the teams in Oklahoma City and Connecticut.
    Do they still claim the Oakland Panthers?
    Yes
    Even though they left for the IFL last year (though they still haven't committed to beginning play)... LOL

    GDAWG
    Head Coach
    Posts: 1078
    Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

    Re: June Jones to return to XFL in 2022...maybe

    Post by GDAWG » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:10 pm

    hmmm.....Does Pep Hamilton return to the XFL?

    GregParks
    XFLBoard Correspondent
    Posts: 538
    Joined: Tue May 28, 2019 8:09 pm

    Re: June Jones to return to XFL in 2022...maybe

    Post by GregParks » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:41 pm

    GDAWG wrote:
    Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:10 pm
    hmmm.....Does Pep Hamilton return to the XFL?
    With the success of Justin Herbert this year, I'd assume Hamilton hooks on with another NFL staff for 2021.
    @gregmparks

    Post Reply