PJ Walkers first NFL start

XFL Football discussion.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

PJ Walkers first NFL start

Post by MarkNelson »

With PJ Walker winning game his first NFL start, XFL fans are saying, “I told you he was good.”

What do you think this means to Walkers future? Will he land a permanent starting job in the NFL or will we see him back in the XFL one day?
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
laxtreme56
Coach

Re: PJ Walkers first NFL start

Post by laxtreme56 »

I was happy to see him play, but throwing 2 picks in the endzone really hurt his overall performance. I'd rate him a 6/10. Needs to read the field better before he can become a starting quarterback.
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

He had a great start, better than anyone (other than XFL fans) predicted. The two picks looked like complete errors, and something that more time practising with the receiver set might fix.

What happens now? Will Teddy Bridgewater be well enough to play next week? If he is then PJ Walker just goes back to the back up spot, and we won’t get to see him start again. I’d like to see him start again.

Some might say the Panthers have a quarterback controversy, but to think this you’d have to think that Bridgwater is not good enough to get the job done. I don’t think anyone has gone there yet, but if Bridgewater starts next week and doesn’t get the job done fans will be asking for Walker
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

I definitely don't think that one start is enough to somehow make him a contender for the QB1 job in Carolina in 2021. (Walker is on a 2-year deal.) I do think it could cement the QB2 job for him ahead of Will Grier, which is nothing to sneeze at.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:23 pm I definitely don't think that one start is enough to somehow make him a contender for the QB1 job in Carolina in 2021. (Walker is on a 2-year deal.) I do think it could cement the QB2 job for him ahead of Will Grier, which is nothing to sneeze at.
It's one game. He won - thats a big positive for the team and Walker. But he needs more play time to see where he goes. He has potential.

Agreed one game isn't much to go on.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

I don't think PJW has any real path other than, as mentioned earlier, replacing Grier. Strictly because Bridgewater will be 29 next year, which puts him right in the prime of NFL QBs (although the old adage is 28-34) and Rhule needs to see if he's the guy or if his last hurrah was going 5-0 for Brees.

Normally he'd know this already but second year in a new system plus McCaffrey (and TB as well) theoretically healthy. But QB2, as we've seen, isn't a bad place to be.
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

PJ gets to be the number one backup this week. But, if Bridgwater can’t get it done the naysayers will come and they will be saying “PJ Walker.”

This is the way. (I’ve been watching too much Mandalorian)
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.