TSL Truths

XFL Football discussion.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

TSL Truths

Post by MarkNelson »

Some truths about this years Spring League.

https://youtu.be/I8SwtJqaJy0

I applaud the posting of this video.
Last edited by MarkNelson on Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
XFL_Insider
Rookie

Re: TSL Truths

Post by XFL_Insider »

I notice this video lambastes the TSL for their Covid protocols, and now it seems that Covid has cancelled the whole show.
XFL_Insider
Rookie

Post by XFL_Insider »

Transcript:
hello everybody i want to welcome to a new episode of talking [ __ ] and as normal is your host poop man and i'm here to bring you an exclusive about a special football program i got the chance to be a part of one of the worst experiences of my life the tsl the spring league football team really they should have been tbs total [ __ ] now what i want you guys to understand is that i am technically still under contract so i'm risking a lot by doing this video and telling you guys about the experiences that i had while with the spring league so the only thing i asked in return is for you guys to like share and to subscribe to my youtube channel but other than that i want to get right into it i'm not going to waste too much of your time i'm going to try to make this a quick video but i just want to break down some of the experiences that i had while being a part of the spring league now i don't want you guys to think this is going to be a segment of me just bashing the spring league because it wasn't all bad there was actually times where i felt like this is what i came here for i came here to compete and i am com and i am and i am competing but when things started going bad the [ __ ] was hitting the fan and it was just going everywhere and i'm gonna tell you some of the experiences that i had that i did not like i'm not gonna go into you know day one day two day three i'm gonna just break down some of the experiences that i experienced that i felt like it just just wasn't professional and if i had to recommend anybody else to go to the spring league i would tell you go home and start your own football club before you go there now there's three kinds of players at the spring league i don't know if they want this out but i'm going to put it out there because people need to know that if you want to go to the spring league to get an opportunity which there is an opportunity there somewhat but they don't care about your health in the process but if you do go down there's some things you need to know about because they're not going to tell you there's three types of players at the spring league there's players that's paying to be there there are players that's there for free and there's players that they're paid to be there so if you just happen to be a player behind somebody paid to be there you can forget about getting that spot you're gonna just have to get in where you fit in and for the guys that paid to play it's no guarantee that you're gonna get to play it's no guarantee that you're even gonna get looked at by a team and when i say a team i don't mean a nfl cfl ifl or whatever league team i mean a team that you actually paid money to go be seen by i mean listen you could i know me personally if i want to pay money 2 000 and up to come somewhere to have a chance to be picked up by a team that's playing in the league i at least want an opportunity more so than just showing up every day to practice go home to a hotel room that i'm paying for to pay for my own food i just gave you two thousand dollars for opportunity that i'm not getting i would not be a part of that but i can't speak for that for everybody i mean if you didn't go to college or whatnot i guess that's the best you can do then that's what you got to do so no i'm not going to stick on that one thing i do want to talk about one thing i do want to hone in on is the way that they handle the corona virus outbreaks amongst the teams i'm gonna put it out like this the first time i heard about the coronavirus but the first week i got there i heard that it was a quarterback the first week when i got there and showed up either showed up or somehow contracted it while he was there did they quarantine him yes but did he end up back on the field yes i don't know what processes that they went through i can't speak on that so what i'm going to do i want to speak on the process that i seen through my team and through my team it started off with two players two players got pop we went through a little corona process we didn't practice for a whole week a whole five days we did not practice and what happened was we were told that if we have another corona case that we could not play turns out we did have another corona case when they did turn around and test everybody but all the only thing that was going to happen was that they was going to quarantine that guy we was told that we were going to have to play anyway no practice no testing no nothing we was gonna have to practice i mean not practice we're gonna have to play regardless of any of the circumstances turns out we didn't play we opted out as a team to not play because we was like we wasn't ready we did not practice we didn't practice so we wasn't ready to play and we was going to go out there and compete against a great team with great coaches that didn't practice all week and all we did was sit at the house all week and hope and pray that we didn't have corona we wasn't even thinking football our mind wasn't even on football a couple zoom meets come on now but then the thing that got me is how the owner i'm not gonna use any names how the owner tried to strong on my team by telling us listen you don't have to play i understand but if you do not play you will not get a rescheduled game we will not reschedule this game and you will not play another game now if you're telling us that your that your main concern is getting players developed is player safety is getting players film you already took our tv game away from us you already told us we're not going to play on tv you already gave that slide away so if you really wanted to get us filmed if you really wanted like if you really cared about our health and our safety you would have just moved the game to a later date because there's no crowds nobody's paying for tickets there's no crowds but to tell us that we're going to forfeit the game we're not going to get another one because we haven't practiced because we care about our health and our safety and because our coach is looking out for us to to to to forfeit our game tell us we're not going to redo it and then not give us a second game that's ridiculous that is ridiculous and then on top of that in the process of while we're waiting we get hit with another one of our teammates got the coronavirus so they come to us and tell us our season is over but you're not getting sent home we're not going to kick you out the hotel this is what he told us if you don't believe me watch this video of the owner telling us this but the only other thing that i would say is that i'm not kicking you out of the hotel first and foremost okay one question what's that i said that one question was already answered all right i'm not kicking you guys out of the hotel looks us in our face all of us and tells us he cares about our health he cares about our safety i even asked him personally i need a coronavirus because the day when you did the free testing mine wasn't there and the lady told us if you're if your test is not there you're going to get tested later on this week but then i got a phone call and this is how it goes so the checkout is tomorrow at 11. um everybody has to be checked out the hotel by then so they call us and tell us less than 72 hours to get the hell out to get out i haven't even been tested yet i haven't even looked up flights i got a little airport here in south carolina they don't care about your health and safety i have a broke toe it's not broke but it's hurt it's been hurt for a long time it's been hurt i haven't seen one trainer they let you come up there with no health insurance no coronavirus test we had players showing up with the coronavirus already but like i said that's later you know i'm not gonna go into too many details i'm not gonna go into too many details like that because like i said it's crazy to have to think that you got multiple players running around the hotel rooms with coronavirus and all you're doing is sitting us in our room for a little bit of time and then sending us home like with me i have not been tested yet i have not been tested i got to go get a test but they sent me back home i got and i can't tell the airport that i i haven't been tested yeah i'd have been around the coronavare hot brew break but i can't tell the airport that because i got to get home they just kicked me out the hotel what the hell am i gonna do pay for another hotel room ain't got no damn money oh then the west end i can't pay for another hotel room so i'm asked out they leave you asked out and then they're gonna tell us they're not feeding us anymore if you're a part of these two teams these two clubs they're not feeding you anymore you don't have a place to stay we're not feeding you and you're in a whole another state they don't give a damn i don't met players that didn't have busted up that and there's no treatment for them and they came here with no health insurance if you really cared about players health and safety if you tell us get a coronavirus test before you come if you tell us get a health insurance before you come you would make sure that the players have that before they came but no you did not do that because you just wanted the money listen all i'm saying people is he doesn't care if you're healthy he doesn't care if you get filmed and i and you know i can't back this but i know when my coach was getting fired or quit he told us that the film was not getting sent out that the film was not getting sent out and i can't speak on that for everybody because there are still teams that are playing right now to this day we got players that got picked up by the other teams that have not been checked for the coronavirus and they haven't been on been in position meetings in squad meetings with players that then had the virus and they're just going to another team running around the corona virus around the hotel and room to room and there and they know multiple players have the corona virus and they still got the public in there with us the public is in there getting on the elevator with us doing this and that with us and they don't even know half the people that they're around got the damn coronavirus i know how football worked they might try to end me after this but i still feel like this had to be said like i said the tsl the spring lead football teams they are a scam it's a scam yeah a couple players get picked up yeah i mean don't get me wrong but they got good agents if you don't have a top tier 80 you might want to pick your ass up if you're a guy that's going to pay over two thousand dollars to go play you might as well not take your ass and this is poop man perspective and i'm gonna just tell you how i feel about this [ __ ] period but i do want to thank y'all for joining me on another episode of talking [ __ ] i haven't done it in a while but i felt like at this time i had to come to you guys and really break this thing down to you because y'all gotta know y'all have to know and if i don't tell you the way that he was trying to stroll almost by telling us we're kicking you guys the hell out but don't tell nobody somebody had to tell someone and if i don't tell you you'll probably be the next guy spending two thousand dollars to go out there to waste your damn money to realize you just got just poop ain't i want you to get jailed right thank you man for joining me see y'all next time
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

Posted by DT Corey Johnson. Basically, those that pay to play don't always get to play. Covid protocols were loose, some players never got tested, and if you were Covid positive and couldn't play, the only plan was to cut you loose. Players played hurt, and were not insured. Covid positive players were kicked out of their hotels and had to make their way home despite being possibly Covid positive.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

And this is why the XFL looks wiser and wiser everyday by not rushing a February 2021 smart. I guess Fox buying into the TSL was a lot of hot air.
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

Players have every right to be concerned by Covid infections.

It seems Woods couldn’t afford all the testing required. Bad finances is what has brought him down. Maybe the financials just didn’t work out in a Covid world.

As a showcase for players, The Spring League was wildly successful on FS1. I’m afraid this might be the pinnacle of its existence, ironically combined with its demise. The league won’t come back from this tainted episode.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

I sort of doubt it's the end of the road. There will always be players hungry/desperate enough to pay to play.

I do wonder how much Woods is getting out of this. I don't know a lot about him, but I don't think he's already set for life and just spending time on a passion project. This is now 7+ years for him that could have been spent in a real career.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

FootballYoda wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:14 am Players have every right to be concerned by Covid infections.

It seems Woods couldn’t afford all the testing required. Bad finances is what has brought him down. Maybe the financials just didn’t work out in a Covid world.

As a showcase for players, The Spring League was wildly successful on FS1. I’m afraid this might be the pinnacle of its existence, ironically combined with its demise. The league won’t come back from this tainted episode.
The players do have every right to be concerned but the science/facts are its not impacting people 15-24 and 25-34. . That's from CDC which is from the states. It's hysteria Look at MLB-Miami for example, back in days.

Coronavirus:
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... #AgeAndSex

Flu:
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

Obviously TSL wasn't ready for a 'surge' / media hype on it so in that I give them a pass. But will Fox?

If TSL started 2 weeks earlier this would not be an issue. Halloween seems to be a surge event, along with post 11/3 celebrations. That will pass.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

What media hype? Seems like we're the only people who were even halfway interested.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:50 am What media hype? Seems like we're the only people who were even halfway interested.
ReRead what I wrote - I'm speaking of the Covid hysteria hype that has taken off in last 2 weeks. Not TSL.