FCF - Fan Controlled Football League

XFL Football discussion.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: FCF - Fan Controlled Football League

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

So FCF got their championship on a broadcast network. Alas, it's LX, which is a subchannel network on NBC owned stations.

The championship game is tonight. The FCF landed XFL alumnus Shawn Oakman this week, too. But last week a lot of the big names got knocked out last week in the playoffs.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Firecop wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:47 pm I have to ask... what do you think of the FCF's version of an onside kick? For the uninitiated, since there is no kicking in the FCF, you get the ball 4th down and 10 to go from your own 10 yard line. The Beasts used it to their own advantage and a subsequent win last night to remain undefeated.
I like the fact that they revised the rule to be closer to the AAF version in that you have to be trailing to use the play.
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:28 pm So FCF got their championship on a broadcast network. Alas, it's LX, which is a subchannel network on NBC owned stations.

The championship game is tonight. The FCF landed XFL alumnus Shawn Oakman this week, too. But last week a lot of the big names got knocked out last week in the playoffs.
Which is quite the opposite of what the league wanted, they originally came across like they didn’t want networks interested cause they wanted to tackle the Esports crowd on twitch. Only issue: the Esports crowd that watch these video games spend their entire life playing these games, they don’t care about football. FCF isn’t going to get the 400k concurrent viewers that League of Legends championship series gets.

They probably understand now if they want to make a lot of money they have to move to the TV. NBCLX is exactly what they want. They could try out TNT or ESPN2 or something. The last time an indoor league had a tv contract that was worth anything was the AFL. The FCF has the good spring of a solid online viewer base to move to TV on a minor network. Hopefully they do because I hate the production values on twitch
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Can't see it, I'M they would have to completely overhaul their product design that was developed expressly for a Twitch-like environment. Even their financial build is atypical.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

Firecop wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:12 pm Can't see it, I'M they would have to completely overhaul their product design that was developed expressly for a Twitch-like environment. Even their financial build is atypical.
Yeah I see that too. I think they could do it though, the NBCLX and DAZN broadcast proved it, on the scale of a major broadcast though? Idk.
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

FCF CEO announced that the second season is starting this fall. They plan to conduct two seasons a year, one in fall, one in spring, somewhat like what the TSL is doing.

It is going to be interesting to see how this league expands though. The model makes barely any sense to me and I don't know how they're going to expand without annoying someone. The key rule for expanding a league is having teams be owned by individuals who have the money to front but the FCF made a tragic mistake of offering people to be owners of teams for marketing purposes.

Watch this league because it could become interesting by the time the XFL kicks off.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Expansion wise, I don't know; maybe 6 or 8 teams AT MOST!
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

I was going to say: this is a league that works best small. They could get away with probably 8 teams, but get much higher than that and you're asking for a huge mess.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Agreed!
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

If the FCF can maintain costs, they can last. The problem is that the FCF is in a sport (Indoor football) where it's a contest between the IFL, NAL and CIF to see who has the biggest ego. The sport of indoor football would be much better and more stable if the three leagues ever worked together but that's never going to happen. Instead, the clashing egos of those three leagues have prevented the sport from being stable. Look at the outdoor game. One of the best things to happen to the NFL was it's merger with the AFL. The merger made the sport of outdoor football a lot more stable.