FCF - Fan Controlled Football League

XFL Football discussion.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: FCF - Fan Controlled Football League

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Well, tonight's the night.

Game 1 is at 7:30 ET. Glacier Boyz v. Wild Aces.
Manziel makes his debut in Game 2 at 9:30, leading the Zappers against the Beasts.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

I will also note something incredibly stupid on their part: by relying on Twitch, they basically ensured that they are only available on computers and smartphones. Twitch has no Roku app. I tried to find one this morning.

Oops.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

This is surprisingly enjoyable. The football is not terrible—though Manziel is basically throwing the playbook out the window and scrambling most of the time. Flowers is doing very well so far.

For the budget they have, the production value is pretty good. The low budget glares at times (drone cam is probably a lot cheaper than Skycam) but the Hot Mic booth and helmet cams are things that, if I'm in the XFL, I'm trying to work into the telecasts.

All in all, this is what arena football could have been.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Seems like a long wait between plays due to play options, then fan voting, and then the play actually coming in.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Just watched the highlights of Game 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TNgNxUovwc

It was definitely an exciting finish. Hate the PAT format. Like that the announcers are actually interested in the game in front of them.

Here's Game 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wm0HipFguk

Indoor's just not for me, but more football is good for football. Hope it goes well for them.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Firecop wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:28 am Seems like a long wait between plays due to play options, then fan voting, and then the play actually coming in.
I noticed it a lot watching the Screaming Eagles in 2017, the IFL never should have let this happen. This is for a fun little stand-alone project, not for an actual league.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:00 pm
Firecop wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:28 am Seems like a long wait between plays due to play options, then fan voting, and then the play actually coming in.
I noticed it a lot watching the Screaming Eagles in 2017, the IFL never should have let this happen. This is for a fun little stand-alone project, not for an actual league.
Tank55 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:37 am Just watched the highlights of Game 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TNgNxUovwc

It was definitely an exciting finish. Hate the PAT format. Like that the announcers are actually interested in the game in front of them.

Here's Game 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wm0HipFguk

Indoor's just not for me, but more football is good for football. Hope it goes well for them.
Yeah Arena/Indoor FB (AIFB) is not for everyone and no where as good as outdoor FB.

Some things of note:

1) This is Indoor FB... period.

2) The camera angles used were brutal, there is no depth perception.

3) The announcing is too 'boys' around the TV cheering with a strong buzz.

4) The extra point sucks

5) I did like the real sidelines and out-of-bounds vs AIFB. But the structures inback of the short sideline are too in-the-line-of-sight when they show the traditional viewing angle.

6) The play was OK considering.

7) I have no interest in a real-life FB video game which is what they are striving.

8) While the overall look has some polish the delivery and audio is not.

9) the delays are what hurts AIFB as well as FCF

That was from highlights and some watching.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

DEFINITELY agree with #3 above! Sounded like a buncha frat boys!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Firecop wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:49 pm DEFINITELY agree with #3 above! Sounded like a buncha frat boys!
That's the word i was looking for... Thank you!
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

I generally agree with 4th's thoughts on the FCF. The gameplay is subpar indoor football, I prefer the arena game with the kicking game, nets, forward motion,and linebacker in the box rule. Way too long for playcalls and seeing quarterbacks scramble for 20 yards virtually untouched reminds me of my old flag football league. This was more show and less football league, akin to the Harlem Globetrotters. It was entertaining at times, but I don't see much longevity here.