FCF - Fan Controlled Football League

XFL Football discussion.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: FCF - Fan Controlled Football League

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:07 pm
herns wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:37 pm The interesting thing with this league imo is how much they’re wanting to grow, in their discords they’ve said they’d like to have a bubble overseas eventually and have been open about wanting to add fan controlled baseball, basketball, and cricket in the next few years also they built their arena this year. The expenses are gonna go up especially in doing multiple sports with whole new sets of athletes to at need to be paid, well see how it pays off.
They are apparently being funded by Crypto.
I'll admit; I still can't really wrap my head around the whole crypto thing. It was originally supposed to be an alternate form of currency, but unlike our modern fiat money, the supply/distribution is not regulated by the government or central banks. Bitcoin, for example, is fixed. And because Bitcoin is fixed, it is wildly volatile, and the more it is adopted, the more and more scarce it becomes, spiking the value—meaning it becomes useless as a currency (who's going to want to spend a currency that's going to be far more valuable in a short period of time?) and now it's just a speculative vessel. So you have the early adopters and a select few day traders getting absolutely rich... but if it doesn't reach critical mass, then what? Then you throw in the whole NFT thing, which completely baffles me. Where is the inherent value in these virtual objects that are changing hands?

I don't see NFT sticking around. That's a fad and I don't see much of a practical use for it because most of what's being marketed as "non-fungible" are just JPEGs that are, very much, fungible. This whole "blockchain metaverse" seems more like a game. Crypto might have a future, but I don't see it in its current form. It's going to have to evolve and develop a more universal standard.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:05 pm
herns wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:37 pm The interesting thing with this league imo is how much they’re wanting to grow, in their discords they’ve said they’d like to have a bubble overseas eventually and have been open about wanting to add fan controlled baseball, basketball, and cricket in the next few years also they built their arena this year. The expenses are gonna go up especially in doing multiple sports with whole new sets of athletes to at need to be paid, well see how it pays off.
I'll admit; I still can't really wrap my head around the whole crypto thing. It was originally supposed to be an alternate form of currency, but unlike our modern fiat money, the supply/distribution is not regulated by the government or central banks. Bitcoin, for example, is fixed. And because Bitcoin is fixed, it is wildly volatile, and the more it is adopted, the more and more scarce it becomes, spiking the value—meaning it becomes useless as a currency (who's going to want to spend a currency that's going to be far more valuable in a short period of time?) and now it's just a speculative vessel. So you have the early adopters and a select few day traders getting absolutely rich... but if it doesn't reach critical mass, then what? Then you throw in the whole NFT thing, which completely baffles me. Where is the inherent value in these virtual objects that are changing hands?

I don't see NFT sticking around. That's a fad and I don't see much of a practical use for it because most of what's being marketed as "non-fungible" are just JPEGs that are, very much, fungible. This whole "blockchain metaverse" seems more like a game. Crypto might have a future, but I don't see it in its current form. It's going to have to evolve and develop a more universal standard.
Ya I don’t love that they tied the entire business plan to nfts. I think they should’ve done what the USFLs doing now and basically promoting it as equivalent to buying a pack of cards or keeping a ticket stub. Also the fact the fcf players don’t get the nft money bothers me
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Get your popcorn ready: Terrell Owens is coming out of retirement to play in FCF.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/terr ... er-report/
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

TO at 48, and none of the celebrity owners, at least the ones I know of, are 40 (Austin Ekeler isn't even 30), such fun :lol:
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:05 pm

Yeah NFT’s are being used here as a form of creating an elite community within the league. At first I was excited but as time has gone by it’s just been looking worse and worse. League neglecting its original fanbase and losing a large chunk of fans. The league 100% got a lot of money from the situation but it’s looking bad
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

48 yr old Terrell Owens :| I mean it’ll be interesting to watch.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Well, tonight, Manziel connected with Owens for a touchdown... unfortunately it was the Zappers' only TD as they got drubbed by the Glacier Boyz 42-6.