Spring 2021 FCS: Scouting for the next Donald Parham

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: Spring 2021 FCS: Scouting for the next Donald Parham

Post by MGB01 »

Over in Frisco, NDSU wins again, routs Montana St 38-10

Which means once again the last Big Sky team to eliminate the Bison was EWU back in 2010 (lost two playoff games since)
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Huge bummer. I'm so over NDSU.

Do you guys like the format? It's nice having a spotlight all to yourself, but playing it after the NY6 makes it feel like such an afterthought. And I get that the venue is cheap and easy for ESPN to work with, but it's pretty lame for a culmination of a season, imo.

I think I'd look for an opening elsewhere -- maybe even Christmas Day? And see if we can get a venue that adds a little more prestige but also won't be half empty.

To be honest, with NDSU domination, they ought to be playing this in the Vikings stadium.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

It's a shame that Mellott got hurt and out of the game on the first drive in the first quarter; it would have been a much more fun game to watch!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:32 pm Seems like years since they last played, but Montana State and NDSU are underway from Frisco. Back to ESPN2 after two years on ABC though, didn't get the Week 18 lead-in

Which brings up a question: Had FCS not moved the season last year, how would that have gone with Colts/Bills? Would that have gone head to head? I'm guessing since the one ABC game was on Sunday (Ravens/Titans) it would have.
Well the ESPN2 FCS blowout by NDSU still got over 1.3mm viewers (granted it was cold in many parts of country which helped), that's a great # IMO. It beat College BB at same time on ESPN (850k). That's all you need to know. FB RULES!

I'm sure many of you will like those #'s.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Sam Houston State will play one season in the WAC then off to FBS/CUSA. I'm assuming (unless I forgot somebody) they'll drop to seven until UTRGV gets going.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Bump as two players mentioned in this thread were second round picks: Christian Watson (Packers) and Trey McBride (Cardinals).

We called it :D