Spring 2021 FCS: Scouting for the next Donald Parham

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: Spring 2021 FCS: Scouting for the next Donald Parham

Post by MGB01 »

Montana State shockingly rolls over Sam Houston State and ends the Kats title reign. The team who lost their QB to the transfer portal just days before their game against UT Martin is going to host South Dakota State Saturday.

JMU at NDSU Fri
SDSU at MSU Sat
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Not too bad for a Freshman QB starting only his 2nd game for MT State! I believe he threw for two, rushed for two, received one. If they keep playing like that, they will get the crown.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Firecop wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:30 pm Not too bad for a Freshman QB starting only his 2nd game for MT State! I believe he threw for two, rushed for two, received one. If they keep playing like that, they will get the crown.
Maybe, doing it again against JMU/NDSU might be too much. Still getting to the chip (and becoming the first BSC team other than Eastern or Montana to play in it since Boise State) would be phenomenal, all things considered. Besides, this is why I'm for the Big Sky splitting into divisions, so the EWU/MSU/UM triumvirate plays each other every year. They don't even have to have a title game, just that.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Let the Final Four begin, with what is likely called the real title game--although you still have last year's finalist in the field so there shouldn't be too much dismissal of SDSU's chances, and if you're JMU you see some similarities with '16: Upset NDSU at the Fargodome and possibly an unseeded MVFC team in wait with an upset over a Big Sky team (Cooper Kupp not getting to go out at least playing in an FCS title game was a tragedy).
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

NDSU back to Frisco after another slobberknocker, and JMU's FCS era comes to a close.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

MSU over SDSU (and unofficially wins the spring championship), setting up a trip to Frisco, and their third straight try at the Bison.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I am really rooting for the Bobcats to get the win over the Bison this may well be the year ( at least since 1984)!
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Firecop wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:41 pm I am really rooting for the Bobcats to get the win over the Bison this may well be the year ( at least since 1984)!
Former Eastern head coach Mike Kramer was the DL coach for the Cats when they won the chip back then.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

MGB01, that's interesting, I did not realize that. If Mellott stays hot and they get their tailback back, could be a wild game.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Seems like years since they last played, but Montana State and NDSU are underway from Frisco. Back to ESPN2 after two years on ABC though, didn't get the Week 18 lead-in

Which brings up a question: Had FCS not moved the season last year, how would that have gone with Colts/Bills? Would that have gone head to head? I'm guessing since the one ABC game was on Sunday (Ravens/Titans) it would have.