TSL Schedule and Televised Games

XFL Football discussion.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: TSL Schedule and Televised Games

Post by MarkNelson »

Right now, FS1 is replaying the Blues vs Generals game from Nov 11.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:30 pm
So COVID cases surging are the reason they have canceled their season? I don't buy that.
Sounds like it was, based on the video.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

In this case, it at least looks like a plausible factor, but probably not the only one.

But seriously, how many people can run a pro-caliber league, with no salaries to pay, and still not be financially viable?
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:34 pm
But seriously, how many people can run a pro-caliber league, with no salaries to pay, and still not be financially viable?
TSL had everything going for it this year, except Covid. I wonder what the final price tag was on all the Covid testing, and whether this was the straw that broke the camels back.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

FootballYoda wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:18 am
TSL had everything going for it this year, except Covid. I wonder what the final price tag was on all the Covid testing, and whether this was the straw that broke the camels back.
Could be Yoda.

The bigger question is how does Fox/FS1 react going forward.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:43 pm
FootballYoda wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:18 am
Could be Yoda.

The bigger question is how does Fox/FS1 react going forward.

Depends on what their schedule (both sides) is in April.

FS1
Saturdays they could probably pair it up with MLB depending on when the game is.

Sundays same with NASCAR, where they end up (NASCAR released their schedule at the end of September, but other than Daytona on FOX Feb 14 it's still TBD TV-wise as far as FOX/FS1 goes)

FOX
I would honestly put better chances of the IFL United Bowl ending up on ESPN in August than I would of the TSL on FOX but there always is the Lloyd Christmas variety.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Did anyone ever come across any TSL ratings on FS1? I feel like the first week didn't chart in the top 50, but I'm not sure if anyone had ever reported on specifics.
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:20 pm Did anyone ever come across any TSL ratings on FS1? I feel like the first week didn't chart in the top 50, but I'm not sure if anyone had ever reported on specifics.

No which means they were likely pretty low, at least for the 18-49 demo. But that was to be expected.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

4th&long wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:10 am
GregParks wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:20 pm Did anyone ever come across any TSL ratings on FS1? I feel like the first week didn't chart in the top 50, but I'm not sure if anyone had ever reported on specifics.

No which means they were likely pretty low, at least for the 18-49 demo. But that was to be expected.
I think FS1 made one crucial mistake that may have caused most people to overlook it.

In the electronic program guides they feed the cable boxes, they listed all of the league's games as "The Spring League." That probably misled people into thinking the games were originally played in the spring—and thus reruns, which after eight months of partial to total lockdown people are sick of by now (and sporting event reruns were never that popular). It also didn't indicate what sport was being played.

They should have listed the games as "TSL Football." (That's the standard layout for most other sports: "NFL Football, NHL Hockey, etc.) If they'd done that, I think ratings would've been better.