Non-NFL football players form advocacy group to represent player interests in leagues like the XFL

XFL Football discussion.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Non-NFL football players form advocacy group to represent player interests in leagues like the XFL

Post by MarkNelson »

They are getting more organized, especially in messaging. In the interview I had with Kenneth Farrow and Nick Temple they were more than ready to answer questions. Very smart people.

I thought this quote they gave was especially good to point out how the association of players would be a benefit to everyone:

“Having that middleman to be able to communicate with the upper and middle management. I think that definitely would help league owners understand the basic requirements that will lead players to be successful in the whole season.”

https://xflboard.com/news/ufpa-a-collec ... l-players/
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Re: Non-NFL football players form advocacy group to represent player interests in leagues like the XFL

Post by FootballYoda »

I support these players. They need this.

Even the insurance the XFL had for players was weak.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I would think that Dwayne Johnson would be more receptive to working with this union, as he's a member of the Screen Actor's Guild.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

It's not technically a union. It's an important distinction to make.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:42 pm It's not technically a union. It's an important distinction to make.
However, it is likely that players affiliated with it would likely certify it as a union in the event a league returns.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:48 pm
Tank55 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:42 pm It's not technically a union. It's an important distinction to make.
However, it is likely that players affiliated with it would likely certify it as a union in the event a league returns.
Not necessarily. These leagues would have to be around for a while. The union as part of what destroyed the AFL (arena). I could see a union maybe if the league was raking in cash and they felt it would get them more cash w/o destroying the league.