XFL going into cryofreeze till June 2021?

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

XFL going into cryofreeze till June 2021?

Post by 4th&long »

XFL going into cryofreeze till June 2021? Yep that's the rumor.

https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/xfl-spr ... -timeline/

>> Multiple sources have reached out to me to indicate that June of 2021 may be the timeframe when the football hiring and rehiring process can begin. If the XFL returns to action in February of 2022. It would give the league an eight-month window to get teams ready to play.<<

So let me get this straight, 6 months is to short but 8 months is fine? This is a classic stall move.

As I stated before a scaled down 2021 would be way easier and not lose any attention or momentum.

>>Not having a 2021 season doesn’t close the door on league happenings or activity, notwithstanding all the organizational and roster moves. The XFL is expected to introduce content that serves as a leadup to on-field play in the spring of 2022.

There is already talk of a documentary-styled show, chronicling the XFL’s owners and teams months before the league returns to the field. For those who want to see the TV show Ballers come to life in the XFL. You are going to get it.<<

No one cares about a documentary - they want GAMES. Good luck with that.

The big winner - the CFL and any indoor football that remains for 2021.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: XFL going into cryofreeze till June 2021?

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:53 am XFL going into cryofreeze till June 2021? Yep that's the rumor.

>> Multiple sources have reached out to me to indicate that June of 2021 may be the timeframe when the football hiring and rehiring process can begin. If the XFL returns to action in February of 2022. It would give the league an eight-month window to get teams ready to play.<<

So let me get this straight, 6 months is to short but 8 months is fine? This is a classic stall move.

As I stated before a scaled down 2021 would be way easier and not lose any attention or momentum.

>>Not having a 2021 season doesn’t close the door on league happenings or activity, notwithstanding all the organizational and roster moves. The XFL is expected to introduce content that serves as a leadup to on-field play in the spring of 2022.

There is already talk of a documentary-styled show, chronicling the XFL’s owners and teams months before the league returns to the field. For those who want to see the TV show Ballers come to life in the XFL. You are going to get it.<<

That's if the CFL comes back in 2021, which they think that they will be.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:01 am
4th&long wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:53 am XFL going into cryofreeze till June 2021? Yep that's the rumor.

That's if the CFL comes back in 2021, which they think that they will be.
If the CFL doesn't its dead and the NFL will expand north at some point.
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

They can’t make any money off the league, so it must be put on the shelf. If they invest in the league now they will blow through their money with no return. Sure they have money, but they can’t waste their fortunes on something with zero return.

Seriously, I consider the fact that these owners may never get this thing going. Despite their social media platitudes.

I don’t like it. But it’s all we have.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Joker wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:58 am They can’t make any money off the league, so it must be put on the shelf. If they invest in the league now they will blow through their money with no return. Sure they have money, but they can’t waste their fortunes on something with zero return.

Seriously, I consider the fact that these owners may never get this thing going. Despite their social media platitudes.

I don’t like it. But it’s all we have.
Well this I can agree with and - that is "all we have" and it aint much.
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

Watching the video they put out, it’s full of promises such as we will work harder than anyone. It took them about two months to come up with that video, and all it amounts to are words.

Football players are waiting for a chance. People and coaches are still without jobs. Promises don’t pay bills. Promises can be broken and plans can be changed.

What I am saying is we don’t have football. We have words. Go ahead and roast me now. :D
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

FootballYoda wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:51 pm Watching the video they put out, it’s full of promises such as we will work harder than anyone. It took them about two months to come up with that video, and all it amounts to are words.

Football players are waiting for a chance. People and coaches are still without jobs. Promises don’t pay bills. Promises can be broken and plans can be changed.

What I am saying is we don’t have football. We have words. Go ahead and roast me now. :D
So Yoda saying don't try - Do. :D

That is exactly what my point was - saying (Words) its coming back in 2 years is a paper tiger.

It's not you who should be roasted but Rock, DG and Card. No media pressed them on what was the hold up, how they will fund, what were are their plans, what is the road map, etc.... Just... weeeee that's great 2 years from now yippie. VM was the real deal. I see this as 'well work really hard to get other people's money like every other BS league, and recreate the XFL. - Please. The announcement was a major nothing burger and got no Buzz.
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

The only buzz was “oh look the Rock gonna do something the year after next, that’s nice”...

I’m not quite as pessimistic as you are thinking nothing will ever happen. But I agree with you... from right now nothing has happened. They made a promise to do something. That’s it. Nothing substantial took place last week. And promises are broken all the time!

The XFL still only consists of 7 or 8 people in a Zoom call. There are more people than that in your average community college math class right now.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

Yoda: I agree, we have nothing right now but promises. I hope the ownership group releases more details soon, but I do not expect anything substantial for some time.

I am like you and I probably don't want to see another Zoom meeting screenshot. We have had enough teasers. I would love to see the actual video from even a part of a Zoom meeting.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MarkNelson wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:43 am Yoda: I agree, we have nothing right now but promises. I hope the ownership group releases more details soon, but I do not expect anything substantial for some time.

I am like you and I probably don't want to see another Zoom meeting screenshot. We have had enough teasers. I would love to see the actual video from even a part of a Zoom meeting.
Something tells me you woudn't :D

The whole we won't be doing anything till June 2021 is a huge - cost saving move which contradicts not doing a scaled down season in spring 2021.

Hopefully we'll get a leak soon. cause if there is no word till 6/21 it will be "XFL? Again?" ie a 3rd try not a continuation. And if that's the case... as I've said... why buy it?